President 2008

The American political campaign system is so completely sterile and orchestrated, especially the higher up that you go, that it's almost inhuman. Nearly every single formal statement a candidate will ever make is designed to establish a benchmark of support for him or her in the future, and even in spontaneous scenarios they work with bullet points.

As for women being unable to be president, there have been many women in power in various capacities (lower positions in the US government, the highest positions in foreign countries, CEOs, company owners, etc., etc.), enough to, if one took the time to research it, be able to sway nearly anyone from the belief that a woman could not be the president. Stereotypes only go so far. And as for the emotional comment, our current president is the most 'emotional' president we've ever had, with TR well up there as well, in addition to Andrew Jackson. Bush runs purely on his gut. His brain is an extraneous organ.

:lol: nice.

It's nice to know that I can finally stop imagining Lemmy with a massive semen stain in his 'stache onstage.

hwzcm-284_t.jpg

Too bad he's a Brit. :p

About the electoral college. I am undecided on it. I see the bad when Bush get's elected, but I also see the good when California, Texas etc. are not the only states that decide the election. It's just unfortunate when Wyoming and North Dakota decide it instead.

Well together, California, New York, and Texas decide nearly 25% of the entire election.

While the electoral college is a bit outmoded, it's not that terrible of a system. We still have more control over selecting our leader here than people in parliamentary countries do. I do see the value in keeping urban metropolises from deciding the election for the entire country. The populous states are proportionally represented in the House of Representatives, and those numbers carry over into the electoral college.

The main downside of the system is that it greatly encourages voter apathy in states that lean heavily one way.

Well, I think richardson actually stands a good chance of coming up to play with the big dogs, since most people that hear about him like him. I think Obama has the highest chance of winning currently, but things change radically over a year and a half. The republican field is a joke, hillary is too calculated, and Edwards comes off like a sissy boy. The only thing against obama in terms of electability is that he doesn't have experiance. I don't understand that complaint, I mean, Bush had experiance and he still screwed us over.

Anyways, my dream would be to have kucinich in office, but that isn't likely at all.

On the left side i'd say Obama, on the right john mccain is my preference. Im a conservative person so I hope that mccain gets the nod on the republicans side. I dont particually like the rudy giuliani that much, although I think that he will end up being the candidate for the republicans.

It will be hard for the Republicans to win on account of Bush's low approval rating, they need to distance themselves slightly from Bush, enough to draw the undecided people, but not too much as to maintain the hardcore conservatives from voting for a third party. Thats my take on it anyways.

^Apparently there is a huge scandal on how McCain gets his money; specifically with the charities helping him. I haven't gotten the main details yet though...so yeah...elaboration is needed.