President 2008

Yes. Rudy is nothing besides 9/11.

I'd rather have a intelligent woman than a moronic man any day.

Once again I think Necuratul is correct on the political issues. You have to take everything a politician does and says cynically. Hillary, even with all her faults, I think is the best candidate who has a chance. She is intelligent and strong. I wouldn't mind Obama or Ron Paul though. The three people I do not want to see are Rudy, because he is a terrible leader who happened to gain fame, the Law & Order guy, and Mitt Romney, who callously used Massachusetts. He takes changing his views in order to win to the extreme. He pretended to be liberal enough to get elected here, and now is pretending to be conservative enough to get elected president.

Why don't you want Fred Dalton Thompson? Would his campaign be because he's just running on the popularity of a TV series?

hwzcm-284_t.jpg

It's all fucking political pandering in order to appeal to the conservative base, every single candidate has done, and will do, similar things, and it's only going to get worse as the trend of beginning campaigns earlier and earlier persists. Once the primaries are over and the two main candidates are established, you will see a dramatic shift in the candidates's stances on many issues. Happens every campaign. If Clinton was elected president, I highly doubt she would give a fuck about video games or flags.
This is a very good observation about American political campaigns. Right now they are setting up their base, later when the front runners are clear and as the election eventually boils down to two people, it will progress from focusing on the base to focusing on the undecideds and adding votes in that manner.

I would imagine his inauguration speech would involved him drinking booze, smoking a cigarette and talking about how he loves women. That would be followed by a performance of 'Ace of Spades'

That would be the best speech ever.

Then he'd turn to nacy pelosi and start of with "Love me like a reptile"

The electoral college sucks; too many people +representation by a few figures = utter failure. This is especially a problem when the popular vote does not yield the desired presidential figure of the populace (ex: BUSH).

Edit: I remember seeing an interview where Lemmy admitted he was "bi-curious" and has been with many men; anyone else see that interview?

The fact that we have states is an advantage; the states have enough power to control their area, and are able to give the citizens better solutions to their problems. There is no way the federal government can set laws like the states can and not completely fuck up shit. It allows for better micromanagement. It also keeps fuck-ups in a local area. For example, every state's education system is fucked by the no child left behind act, but none as bad as Texas with the TAKS. The education system here is beyond fucked. If Bush had instituted that test everywhere like he did in Texas, everyone would be fucked, but because we have states they decided on the specific tests instead of him, and most states have better ones than the TAKS. It prevents widescale fuck-ups and provides better services to citizens than the federal government could dream of. We're too fucking big and varied to do things any other way.

Edit: I remember seeing an interview where Lemmy admitted he was "bi-curious" and has been with many men; anyone else see that interview?

I shall refrain from comment.

In 2006 an article for BraveWords.com stated that Lemmy supposedly claimed to have engaged in bisexual behaviour. This was proven to be a hoax. Lemmy said he called up the journalist who claimed he was bisexual, and informed him that "it would be difficult for him to kneel down and get his floppy disk with a screwdriver through both knees."[7] The article was entirely removed from the website shortly after its appearance

EDIT: Opps.

I fucking wish.