ProgPower or NFL week 2

KROSS

New Metal Member
Apr 1, 2006
For years I have never missed a Saints game. Nothing could pull me away from watching the most pathetic franchises in NFL history...or at least one of the most pathetic. Even my son being born had to be planned out as to not interfere with the games.

This year, however it was a no-brainer. The concert falls on the second week of the NFL season and I could really care less. :kickass: I will get much more out of the concert then 3 hours of watching the Saints choke away another football game.

You can bet your ass I won't miss another game this year though.:lol:

Wow, the saints eh? I like that though. I'd rather see a diehard fan of a sucky team than someone who hopped on a bandwagon of a winning team, lol.

Yep, I'm at the point now too that I would pretty much miss anything to make it to this show.

You'll find several football fanatics amongst the ProgPower crowd... we even had a little fantasy league last year (though participation was awfully low :b). can't say I *never* miss an Atlanta game, but there hasn't been one in the past 4 years that I haven't watched at least some of, even when out of town (or at Six Flags! lol). We've even had a couple of get-togethers specifically to watch football the Sunday after ProgPower, though I wasn't able to put one together last year.

Shaye

Why would you have to miss the game, dude ? Just do like the rest of us diehards do ...... head over to a sports bar on Sunday morning or afternoon and watch the game in Atlanta. Any good sports bar has access to all of the games.

The last couple years I've been able to fly back home in time to catch my beloved Packers play. I've got the Sunday football package on the dish.

*edit ... yeah, Shaye is one of those diehards I mentioned :)

Britt

The Falcon's home opener is the day after PP. I was seriously considering going, but it complicates the airfare, the hotels and that kind of stuff. And most of all, I will probably be broke after the show. Plus I am flying to Miami to watch the Packers in October anyway

KROSS said:
For years I have never missed a Saints game. Nothing could pull me away from watching the most pathetic franchises in NFL history...or at least one of the most pathetic. Even my son being born had to be planned out as to not interfere with the games.

This year, however it was a no-brainer. The concert falls on the second week of the NFL season and I could really care less. :kickass: I will get much more out of the concert then 3 hours of watching the Saints choke away another football game.

You can bet your ass I won't miss another game this year though.:lol:

I would rather spend 3 hours in a KKK hood carrying a cross through Watts than watch a Saints game.

KROSS said:
Why the hell am I getting burned for this?

Hey, you are not alone! I am die hard Marlins fan... There about 20 players in the Majors that earn MORE than the entire Marlins roster.. Still, I love the fish.. I know exactly how it is to root for a sucky team...

At least we got two wolrd series to show for :headbang:

Last year at prog power I was following the Marlins game on my cell phone...

One of the reasons that I am always stumbling out of the hotel at 6:00 am Sunday morning is to make it back to Philly for the Eagles. But, were it a choice, PP would win out every year!

Steve in Philly

Being from LA, I sympathize with you, Kross. I, too, admit I am a Saints fan. You are not alone, but damn....choosing between PP and the Saints? Watch the game @ Jocks and Jills, have a burger and a beer, then catch your flight.

Brees may make a difference this year. They just need a line to block for him.

BTW, NFL Fantasy League sounds interesting.

The only sporting event capable of pulling me away from PP would be a Cubs world series. And it would never conflict time-wise so its a non-issue.

As far as football, Sunday is a day(not unlike most days) for my lazy ass to sit around and do nothing but watch football, eat garbage, and drink beer. As cliche as that sounds, you gotta love it.

Clark Griswold said:
Being from LA, I sympathize with you, Kross. I, too, admit I am a Saints fan. You are not alone, but damn....choosing between PP and the Saints? Watch the game @ Jocks and Jills, have a burger and a beer, then catch your flight.

Brees may make a difference this year. They just need a line to block for him.

BTW, NFL Fantasy League sounds interesting.

Well, the thing is 8 of us are going and had to rent a van, cause not everyone in our group could afford to fly, plus they wanted to use that money for merch at the concert. Besides, a road trip would be kinda cool. I doubt we will leave early enough to catch the games, although like you and a few others mentioned, we could catch the game at a bar. I already kinda wrote Monday off anyway. We are playing the Packers in Green Bay and will be a revenge game from last year. Brett Farve decided to have a career day against us.