ProgPower Scandinavia Announcement

I'd already love to go to this. I was really hoping to see Andromeda over here after Chimera being my favorite album of the year, but it's great to see that they'll be part of PPS. Along with Mercenary, those 2 bands alone put out my favorites of last year, and it would be incredible to see them together. At least they have their live dvd coming out later this month.

Today, we are proud to announce the adding of the following bands to the ProgPower Scandinavia 2007:

Darkane
+
Machine Men

Both bands are well-known ambassadors within their respective genres and we wouldn't miss to have them perform on our festival in November.

Let's hear your thoughts on these 2 talented names.

Lars/Claus
Intromental

Awesome Additions!!! :kickass: Man, I can't afford to make this trip, but with the lineup so far I think it is safe to say it will be a killer weekend. Great Lineup thus far. :cool:

MACHINE MEN!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!! The one band other than NIGHTWISH i want to see more than anything. Great addition, way to go Claus/Lars.

Today, we are proud to announce the adding of the following bands to the ProgPower Scandinavia 2007:

Darkane
+
Machine Men

Both bands are well-known ambassadors within their respective genres and we wouldn't miss to have them perform on our festival in November.

Let's hear your thoughts on these 2 talented names.

Lars/Claus
Intromental
Machine Men - excellent choice, seen them live a few times and they never disappointed so far so I'm sure they'll put up a good show at PP Scandi too! Not all that familiar with Darkane but it's now finally to check them out properly, have to be REALLY good to be as great as the rest of the lineup announced so far but who knows maybe they are :)

Machine Men is an excellent addition, but Darkane is a REALLY EXCELLENT addition and totally unexpected. Darkane I thought would be way too "heavy" so to speak for a ProgPower event. Darkane is what In Flames and Dark Tranquility and everyother band out wishes they could be.

Machine Men is an excellent addition, but Darkane is a REALLY EXCELLENT addition and totally unexpected. Darkane I thought would be way too "heavy" so to speak for a ProgPower event. Darkane is what In Flames and Dark Tranquility and everyother band out wishes they could be.

+1 (although I think Dark Tranquillity are just fine where they are right now.)

Darkane are excellent, but hella heavy and crunchy. Balance of Power or Threshold they ain't. :heh:

2 more bands announced:

SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE - www.sphericuniversexp.com

Our festival opener will be upcoming French prog-metal act Spheric Universe Experience, whose second album "Anima" is a fabulous mix of technical metal, jazz and symphonic elements.

ELDRITCH (Italy) - www.eldritchweb.com

We're also proud to announce that Italian metal legends Eldritch are part of our festival, a band that for more than a decade has delivered awesome progressive metal infused with hints of old school thrash metal.

The 2 remaining bands - including the headliner will be announced soon

As it is now the line-up is:

FRIDAY:
Mercenary
Threshold
Circus Maximus
Spheric Universe Experience

SATURDAY:
Headliner (tba)
Co-headliner (tba)
Eldritch
Darkane