ProgPower Scandinavia 2008

WOW, great job Claus! The lineup gets better each weak. Pagan's Mind and Pain of Salvation, wow! You're making a trip to Denmark more and more possible...

So, let me guess, you're announcing Morgana Lefay next week? (No, I will not give up)

You tease, now Claus what are you gonna do? You have announced Pagan's Mind, now what are you going to do to top that?

CLAUS'S JUG BAND, you gotta announce them or else.

Thanks for the nice comments all - I am really excited about this line-up myself. Lars and I worked forever on coming up with the ideas for a line-up with a broad appeal yet still fair towards the genres (prog and power metal).

Just two bands left to go ... however, we MIGHT not be able to announce them next week, as we're still waiting for the last things to fall in place (contracts and stuff) before we can go public with them.

Cheers,
Claus

Thanks for the nice comments all - I am really excited about this line-up myself. Lars and I worked forever on coming up with the ideas for a line-up with a broad appeal yet still fair towards the genres (prog and power metal).

Just two bands left to go ... however, we MIGHT not be able to announce them next week, as we're still waiting for the last things to fall in place (contracts and stuff) before we can go public with them.

Cheers,
Claus

Well if you dont then you owe all of us a case carlsberg a piece.

BTW CLAUS: Thanks for the recommendation on Carlsberg one of my new favs. One of my friends tried to tell me St. Pauli Girl was better and I just scoffed in his face.

Friday February 22nd 2008:

It's about time to start announcing the headliners and co-headliner for PP Scan '08:

Pain Of Salvation from Sweden doesn't really need any presentation. The Eskilstuna band is undoubtedly the premiere band for a ProgPower festival, having played at both PP Holland and PP USA, not to mention several gigs here in Copenhagen over the years. With vocalist Daniel Gildenlöw in front, a man not only being a "hard rock vocalist", but also an entertainer, storyteller and a man with something at heart, Pain Of Salvation is the perfect headliner for our festival and has therefore been chosen as that to make sure the crowd will leave the party with a big smile on their lips when the show is over Saturday November 1st 2008.

www.painofsalvation.com

Pagan's Mind, Norway's leading progressive metal band is hereby booked for ProgPower Scandinavia 2008. Eventhough Norway has brought us many great prog acts in the last decade, Pagan's Mind have made that difference which has brought them worldwide recognition within only 4 albums under their belt. The last disc, "God's Equation" has received praise from the media everywhere, and with a bunch of tours and festival shows in the backpack, Pagan's Mind will undoubtedly make The Rock and PP Scan '08 steaming, as they enter the stage as fourth band of the evening, Friday October 31st.

www.pagansmind.com

LINE-UP of festival as it stands now ...

Friday October 31st 2008
19.00-19.45 - Nostradameus (Sweden)
20.05-20.55 - Anubis Gate (Denmark)
21.15-22.15 - Wuthering Heights (Denmark/Sweden)
22.35-23.50 - Pagan's Mind (Norway)
00.10-01.40 - tba

Saturday November 01st 2008
19.00-19.45 - Cloudscape (Sweden)
20.05-20.55 - Raintime (Italy)
21.15-22.15 - Zero Hour (USA)
22.35-23.50 - tba
00.10-01.40 - Pain Of Salvation (Sweden)

www.progpowerscandinavia.com
www.myspace.com/progpowerscandinavia

Clause, this just gets better and better! Though not sure how you're gonna top Pagan's Mind and Pain of Salvation at this point. Two more reasons anyone who can't make it to PP Scandinavia this year are going to be really bummed...

We can now announce the co-headliner for the Saturday part of PP Scan '08:

DeadSoul Tribe from Austria/USA is the band based around vocalist/songwriter Devon Graves, formerly known by the name of Buddy Lackey, frontman for progressive metal legends Psychotic Waltz. With his band DeadSoul Tribe Devon has released five critically acclaimed discs over the past 6 years, and are now more than just a cult-act in this scene. Ranging from the genre-typical progressive metal tunes to a more modern-edged atmosphere, DeadSoul Tribe manage to grab the listener with their music and take us all on an emotional rollercoaster. With DST as co-headliner on Saturday November 01st, we're sure the audience will get an exciting and unforgettable performance.

www.deadsoultribe.com

LINE-UP of festival as it stands now ...

Friday October 31st 2008
00.10-01.40 - tba

22.35-23.50 - DeadSoul Tribe (USA/Austria)

We can now announce the co-headliner for the Saturday part of PP Scan '08:

DeadSoul Tribe from Austria/USA is the band based around vocalist/songwriter Devon Graves, formerly known by the name of Buddy Lackey, frontman for progressive metal legends Psychotic Waltz. With his band DeadSoul Tribe Devon has released five critically acclaimed discs over the past 6 years, and are now more than just a cult-act in this scene. Ranging from the genre-typical progressive metal tunes to a more modern-edged atmosphere, DeadSoul Tribe manage to grab the listener with their music and take us all on an emotional rollercoaster. With DST as co-headliner on Saturday November 01st, we're sure the audience will get an exciting and unforgettable performance.

www.deadsoultribe.com
Wow, I love this band. Not much of a POS fan, but having Dead Soul Tribe co-headline sure sweetens the deal. This is one hot lineup already.

Finally we can announce the last band for PP Scan '08 - the headliner for Friday October 31st:

Vanden Plas from Germany is one of the most well-respected melodic progressive metal bands around. With a 20 year history behind them, the band made their big mark on the scene back in the mid-nineties with such great discs as "Colour Temple" and "The God Thing". Their latest release, the impressive conceptual album "Christ O" from 2006 see the band taking another step further in combining easy-listening hard rock melodies with technical prog-metal. Last time Vanden Plas played in Copenhagen was almost 10 years ago, as support for Dream Theater in front of 5.000 fans. With their show on ProgPower Scandinavia, Friday October 31st 2008, we're bringing back Vanden Plas for a long overdue performance here in Denmark.

www.vandenplas.de

LINE-UP of festival ...

Friday October 31st 2008
00.10-01.40 - Vanden Plas (Germany)

22.35-23.50 - DeadSoul Tribe (USA/Austria)

If we don't have a sold-out sign on this line-up, we'll never have it, so you Americans who have decided to come to Daingmark better be quick, when tickets go on sale.

L

Wow.

I am not missing this for anything!!!

And to those who're thinking "you said that last year!!", guess what? Different story! =)