ProgPower Scandinavia 2008

Holy crap. This line-up is unbelievable. There must be some way I can manage to come over for this.

Well, son of a bitch. Two of my favorite bands, and I just can't afford it, money-wise or time-wise so close to PPUSA. Hmmm... maybe I'll get a big 2nd quarter bonus and tell my boss it's some family thing. :p

Finally we can announce the last band for PP Scan '08 - the headliner for Friday October 31st:

Vanden Plas
www.vandenplas.de

LINE-UP of festival ...

Friday October 31st 2008
19.00-19.45 - Nostradameus (Sweden)
20.05-20.55 - Anubis Gate (Denmark)
21.15-22.15 - Wuthering Heights (Denmark/Sweden)
22.35-23.50 - Pagan's Mind (Norway)
00.10-01.40 - Vanden Plas (Germany)

Saturday November 01st 2008
19.00-19.45 - Cloudscape (Sweden)
20.05-20.55 - Raintime (Italy)
21.15-22.15 - Zero Hour (USA)
22.35-23.50 - DeadSoul Tribe (USA/Austria)
00.10-01.40 - Pain Of Salvation (Sweden)

www.progpowerscandinavia.com
www.myspace.com/progpowerscandinavia

Absolutely awesome lineup Claus!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

We've made two changes to the line-up. The bands that will not be playing of the already announced line-up are: Raintime and Anubis Gate! Instead, we are very proud to announce that the two "replacements" are:

Wastefall from Greece who will hit the stage as second band of the evening on Friday October 31st 2008. This young progressive metal band should appeal to fans of Pain Of Salvation, Opeth and Porcupine Tree. Eventhough the band actually mixed their latest release, 2006's "Self Exile", here in Denmark, they've never performed live in front of a Danish audience, so ProgPower Scandinavia gives them the chance to finally meet the metal fans up here.

www.wastefall.com

Lanfear out of Germany is second band to perform on Saturday November 1st 2008, and also for this band we're talking about their "debut" on Danish soil. Powerful metal with a progressive touch, probably most comparable to bands such as Evergrey and Fates Warning, is what this band has to offer. With their new album "X To The Power Of Ten" coming out in September, the ProgPower gig will be the perfect promotion vehicle for Lanfear.

www.lanfear.eu

LINE-UP of festival ...

Friday October 31st 2008
19.00-19.45 - Nostradameus (Sweden)
20.05-20.55 - Wastefall (Greece)
21.15-22.15 - Wuthering Heights (Denmark/Sweden)
22.35-23.50 - Pagan's Mind (Norway)
00.10-01.40 - Vanden Plas (Germany)

Saturday November 01st 2008
19.00-19.45 - Cloudscape (Sweden)
20.05-20.55 - Lanfear (Germany)
21.15-22.15 - Zero Hour (USA)
22.35-23.50 - DeadSoul Tribe (USA/Austria)
00.10-01.40 - Pain Of Salvation (Sweden)

www.progpowerscandinavia.com
www.myspace.com/progpowerscandinavia

man, I would love to see Wuthering Heights again, as well as Pagan's Mind. I missed Zero Hour at PPUSA III due to running late that day. ack! Vanden Plas would be cool to see, as I was looking forward to their set last year. And I would even give Pain of Salvation a fair shake. It would be cool to see Cloudscape and Lanfear on stage as well.

But alas, time nor the budget will allow for it this year. :erk:

What happened with Raintime? Hopefully they didn't break up.

Running a festival is all about politics, really. You can't get by with doing things just out of sheer "love for the music".

For us (Intromental Management) running ProgPower Scandinavia, we only can use a few of the spots on our own bands, and we choose these so that the festival can be a promotional tool for them and us. Raintime and Anubis Gate are no longer with the management, so for us it made the most sense to replace them with bands that we manage.

Claus

HOLY SHIT YES

I love Raintime and Anubis Gate...

but...
FUCKING WASTEFALL AND PAIN OF SALVATION IN ONE WEEKEND?
:D :D :D

I was already almost positive I was gonna go this, Wastefall's announcement confirms that I will do anything I possibly I can to make it.

Even though I'd love to, I can't. I'm fairly certain it'd be hard to explain and justify to my fiance why I have to move the date of our wedding.....

You aren't thinking about it right.

Rather. You only have to convince her to change the location of the wedding.

Hmm. I think Jeremy and I just talked ourselves into this. :lol:

And it's Sarah's fault that I am now very seriously considering whether or not *I* have the finances to go.

A plane ticket will cost me nearly $900 right now, which was expected, but a little iffy considering that if I go, I'm damn well going to spend at least a week there and hop over to Sweden (and maybe Finland) while I'm in the vicinity. Hostels are cheap, though, and the exchange rate isn't any worse than when I went to Germany in 2003!