ProgPower USA VII: Two Bands Confirmed

am_ash2 said:
Yes, Pyramaze! I've waited so long...
(*crosses fingers for sponsorship*)
Congratulations on your sponsorship of PYRAMAZE, your so lucky, i was so hoping to be selected also as a PYRAMAZE sponsor, but hey it's like Glenn has said "folks it's all about the $$$$$$" and i don't blame him at all. He is the one who's reputation is on the line, so maybe just maybe...............(also crosses fingers and toes for sponsorship)

Also what is the date of this amazing event????

Any idea where I can purchase Soulrain 21? I saw Laser's Edge had the first release, but didn't see Soulrain. The 2 tracks sound great, and I'd love to pick it up. The track Empty Haven really reminds me of Pain of Salvation, even some of the vocals are reminiscent of Daniel. A little like a mix between Be and Entropia maybe.

Laser's Edge and Nightmare Records are your best bet as they were the ones that brought the stock in orginially. Since Wastefall is now a Sensory band, you can rest assured that Ken will have their album in stock ASAP. I caught him buy surprise as well because his stock is supposedly on the way already.

Glenn H.

Changeofamemory said:
Any idea where I can purchase Soulrain 21? I saw Laser's Edge had the first release, but didn't see Soulrain. The 2 tracks sound great, and I'd love to pick it up. The track Empty Haven really reminds me of Pain of Salvation, even some of the vocals are reminiscent of Daniel. A little like a mix between Be and Entropia maybe.

Soulrain21 is a fine effort indeed - but I'm finding myself listening to Scars much more. Awesome band!

Ralf

Dark One said:
Actually, he didn't indicate which band would open which day, but given that Pyramaze was listed first, it's probably safe to assume that it will be Pyramaze who open the festival - especially given Glenn's preference for opening the show with a heavier hitter.
Jason

Seems correct. Pyramaze's website implies they are the first night, with wastefall being the second night.

Pyramaze owns me! /me excited

wayland smithers said:
Now, to fill out the lineup I'd like to see, and what I'm predicting......what does everyone think???

Masterplan - Possible
Iron Savior - Possible
Savage Circus - Possible
Dream Evil - Not In A Million Years
Firewind - No
Thunderstone - Who Knows
Morgana Lefay - Maybe
Gamma Ray - Been There Done That
Pagans Mind - See Above

Swordlord,

Definitely let us know if you get wind of any warm-up shows in the Minneapolis area for Pyramaze as PP approaches. I'll have to remember to keep my eye on their website. Hopefully they will do a few dates around PP.

So, how about Avian for the pre-party?

Todd

MeTuLHeD said:
Masterplan - Possible
Iron Savior - Possible
Savage Circus - Possible
Firewind - No
Thunderstone - No
Morgana Lefay - Maybe
Pagans Mind - See Above

You're probably right about Dream Evil unfortunately. I interviewed Gus G last summer and he said the reason he left the band was because the other guys didnt want to tour because they all had families and real jobs.

Why would you think "no" to FireWind and Thunderstone? I think both are very possible and have as good a chance as anyone else. I know Gus knows about PP and would definitely love to play the fest.

As for Gamma Ray, my first PP was IV so I haven't been there or done that yet and would LOVE to have the opportunity to see the legendary Kai Hansen play! I REALLY hope they're one of the returning bands!

MeTuLHeD said:
Masterplan - Possible
Iron Savior - Possible
Savage Circus - Possible
Firewind - No
Thunderstone - No
Morgana Lefay - Maybe
Pagans Mind - See Above

Buddy...this is a PROGRESSIVE and POWER metal festival.. I fail to see the PROG part on your list....

Dark One said:
That rules Angela - and thank you again for all your help last year. I had a great time. :)

Jason
This sponsorship WON'T be up for sale ~ Never did hear about how last year was- drop me a line some time.

Metal Rose- you didn't miss me (believe me, you'd remember). Hubby lost his job shortly before PP and we sadly had to cancel. Not this year though!!!