PROGPOWER X Predictions

I would think that Power Quest is a strong possibility.

I could see DoomSword as a possible "oddball" band.

I think it is high time that I seriously consider attending Prog Power.....

I am very surprised at how many people are suggesting TURISAS.
Great band, but they already did Pagan Fest ,and have the upcoming tour with DragonForce, so I am not sure from a biz perspective if it makes sense.

Also, after touring with DF, most of their fans will be haterz anyhow.

Also, after touring with DF, most of their fans will be haterz anyhow.

does it seem like a sell out move? I don't think I'd understand someone that said they didn't like Turisas based on their touring choice/opportunity. I think this is a great opportunity for any band to take up. Im not much for Dragonforce myself, but you definitely wouldn't be catching me complaining about it or hating on them for it. I'd love to see Turisas at a future PPUSA for sure!

im pulling for:

avantasia
falconer
anubis gate
vanden plas
rhapsody
circus maximus
pyramaze

id consider selling my nuts for:

pain of salvation
beyond twilight

i really hope that they dont make it:

nocturnal rites

does it seem like a sell out move? I don't think I'd understand someone that said they didn't like Turisas based on their touring choice/opportunity. I think this is a great opportunity for any band to take up. Im not much for Dragonforce myself, but you definitely wouldn't be catching me complaining about it or hating on them for it. I'd love to see Turisas at a future PPUSA for sure!

I love Turisas. But after seeing them twice this year, I'd rather see a different, unseen, band at PP X. But that's just how I am.

That would be so unbelievably bad ass, but can't see it ever happening. Too many people in the band. Definitely would be on my all time fantasy concert list though.

Yeah. It would be near impossible since there's so many members. But, it would be so amazing.

Maybe one year we can round up just as many sponsors as there are band members to sponsor bringing Haggard over, haha.

No one thinks Tarja would be good for a future Progpower?

Im not a fan of Tarja's solo material and only started getting into her voice on the last couple albums she did with Nightwish cause it wasn't as formal and operatic as the past material IMO, so I just didn't bother to say anything about it.

Tarja > new nightwish. I can say that 100% for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing her solo, and it might be a good progpower show. But i still stand by fucking PARAGON. They need to play to america so all the americans can stand there and be boring without headbanging and singing along to every song.

Tarja > new nightwish. I can say that 100% for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing her solo, and it might be a good progpower show. But i still stand by fucking PARAGON. They need to play to america so all the americans can stand there and be boring without headbanging and singing along to every song.

you're not a true metalhead if you like Tarja's solo material over Nightwish. :lol:

Im just kidding.

I don't think Tarja is horrible--just not appealing to me.

as far as Paragon

+1

Scar Symmetry
Cloudscape
Suspyre
Division By Zero
Powerquest
Witchking
Serenity
Silent Voices
Blind Guardian
Evergrey (this one's a gimme)

See, and my favorite album is Oceanborn. :p

I really like her new album. Of course (like the new Nightwish album) there are several songs I could do without and usually skip over - but I think she would be very good for PP. Also, I have seen clips of her new song, 'Enough' - it's pretty heavy! (Well, for her standards) And it seems to be getting good reviews.

well my musical tastes have been known to change so I'll give it another listen.

Hmm, Glenn has made it plain that when push came to shove in Nightwishland, he sided firmly on the side of Tuomas and Marco, and not with Tarja. As I recall, when word finally leaked that Tarja had been given her walking papers, Glenn commented that he'd been expecting it for a year.

I confess I hadn't thought of Turisas, Eluveitie, or similar bands for PPUSA, but bring 'em on! (Although I still hold out a forlorn hope for Therion or Ayreon..... :lol: )

Equilibrium would also be very cool to see play!

Oh, hell, yes. :kickass: One of my favorite CDs of the year...and they haven't toured the US yet afaik.

you're not a true metalhead if you like Tarja's solo material over Nightwish. :lol:

Im just kidding.

I don't think Tarja is horrible--just not appealing to me.

as far as Paragon

+1

HAH! Fair enough brother!

No, it's just that i find the new nightwish chick so offensively horrific that Tarja just wins hands down. And FTR, Oceanborn is a masterpiece. Wishmaster is pretty good. Century Child and Once are both too poppy in the vocal department for my tastes. That's where i'm coming from on the Nightwish front.

HAH! Fair enough brother!

No, it's just that i find the new nightwish chick so offensively horrific that Tarja just wins hands down. And FTR, Oceanborn is a masterpiece. Wishmaster is pretty good. Century Child and Once are both too poppy in the vocal department for my tastes. That's where i'm coming from on the Nightwish front.

Valid opinion no doubt--I definitely respect the older material, but the more strict operatic stuff is hard for me to really get into.

As usual, a lot of these predictions sound more like requests. At any rate, I'm predicting six bands for now:

Almah--With the future of Angra in question, this side project is getting a lot of attention these days. Seeing as how Angra hasn't played on this side of the Americas in three years, I think some of the members are due to appear.

Astral Doors--After all, Glenn promised!

Cloudscape--Lots of hype around this band lately, and seeing as how they're making the rounds with the rest of the ProgPower circuit, they'd be a shoe-in.

Evergrey--Shame on all but one of you for thinking that Glenn would have a tenth show without his boys! Let's not forget the fact that they also have a new album on the horizon.

Falconer--If for no other reason, my girlfriend may have Glenn's children held for ransom if they don't play.

Suspyre--Anybody who isn't predicting this band obviously missed Glenn's post about their soon-to-be-released third album. Honestly, I think this has been a long time coming.

If I think of any more, I'll post again.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert