Progressive nation in Mexico, so why Opeth's not comming?

halfas

New Metal Member
Feb 20, 2008
Ever since I heard about Progressive Nation's tour I've been checking on dates almost everyday, almost hopeless that the tour might come to my country, but dreaming it could happen, last friday was the happiest day as I saw in Dream Theater's page the following message:

Tue Apr 29, 2008 Mexico City, Mexico National Auditorium *
:OMG:
But soon darkness took me as I realized Opeth is not included on Mexico's gig, o_O

As Opeth's tour dates point out, they are busy on March 26th:
26th London Brixton Academy - www.brixton-academy.co.uk

So, why they're not willing to come on Apr 29 ????? I saw Opeth the last time they came to Mexico, it was a dream come true, but see them on the same stage as Between the Buried and Me??, I mean, to hear Mordecai, Selkies, Ants of the sky, Deliverance, Demon of the Fall, Windowpane on the same night, on the same stage.... my god... I'd gladly embrace death after that!

Hey, none of the prog nation tour is stopping in texas AT ALL. be glad you at least get BTBAM , 3 and DT.

Ok you want to bitch? Opeth didn't come to the Bay Area last year but made sure Oregon and LA got hit, I live in San hose right in between the two. WTF? It happens.. DEAL..

You mean 06?

You didn't go to Gigantour?

I was nice and satisfied with Godheads Lament :kickass::kickass:

God was that the greatest night ever.

So many shows have skipped me in the past 6 months. You learn to deal and live.

Huh...they will be playing at the Metal Hammer Defenders of Faith at the end of April, and the gig at London Brixton is on the 26th of April, not march.

pretty sure i read in an interview with mikael he said that he hates mexico.

Sadly bands cant come to every town and what not...it has to be financially possible.....PEAC EOUT

Sadly bands cant come to every town and what not...it has to be financially possible.....PEAC EOUT

Texas is the second biggest state in the US. :rolleyes:

thats not a town, theres like 5 HUGE fucking cities bigger than half the ones on the tour that they are stopping at now.

I don't think Mike actually hates Mexico, but perhaps he hates some very specific promoters. I would hate them too if I was in his shoes.

thats not a town, theres like 5 HUGE fucking cities bigger than half the ones on the tour that they are stopping at now.

lol, and mexico is probably bigger than most of those combined. Is there no where else you could travel to see them?

Texas is the second biggest state in the US. :rolleyes:

Ive seen opeth 2 tiems...bith tiem in my town of AUstin TX....they always come to TX......PEAC EOUT

I don't think Mike actually hates Mexico, but perhaps he hates some very specific promoters. I would hate them too if I was in his shoes.

lol, and mexico is probably bigger than most of those combined. Is there no where else you could travel to see them?

haha, what's up on this forum guys? if you are new here, remember the key word: SARCASM.