Promote Opeth

metal_wrath said:
Are you kidding, anyone who listens to Colplay IMO loses all credibility and shouldn't reccomend music to anyone, especially music from the bunch of wining english women collectively known as Coldplay. Saying that, I think anyone who likes Coldplay has homoeroticism issues.

real men hate coldplay, and know that its only good for getting pussy.

JoeVice said:
real men hate coldplay, and know that its only good for getting pussy.
real men don't have to constantly assert that they are 'real men'.

my Coldplay recommendation is "A Rush of Blood to the Head". Not as well done as the 3rd album nor as poppy as the 1st, but overall the most interesting to me.

NineFeetUnderground said:
top 10? lol

opeth probably makes the top 50...probably.

Oh really, if you are an Opeth fanboy, which is undisputable IMO (look at your number of posts), then you are the worst fanboy ever!
it takes till the top 15 to even really get to "metal" bands though.
In that case, let me guess your top 14 bands,

1. Your OWN fucking band!!
2. Coldplay
3. Insert classic/overplayed rock band
4. Insert random unknown electronica band
5. Your other band
6. Insert random 70's prog band, for "credibility"
7. Insert random pop band, "yeah, there last album was waaay better than Ghost Reveries
8. Are the Backstreet boys technically a band???
9. Elton John, (because you are openminded)
10. Insert random non-metal band
11. see 10
12. see 10
13 see 10
14 see 10

metal_wrath said:
Oh really, if you are an Opeth fanboy, which is undisputable IMO (look at your number of posts),

you seriously are a dumbass....

you see....the opeth forum is not the only forum on the ultimate metal site...go figure...

Benighted1 said:
your a fucking retard. everytime you post, it is something stupid as hell. Please fuck off. I was not asking you anyway... I was refering to someone with a shred of intelligence...
I am not interested in intellegent conversation about shitty bands, wether it be about recommending Coldplay albums or if the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are the best. Merely I am having a laugh with these posts (see above post) and replies and could care less. If I was being serious I would have been much more thorough in my bashing of Coldplay, but there would be no point to that would there. Cheers

edit: Necromantic-Hiko, suck my dick

metal_wrath said:
Merely I am having a laugh with these posts and replies and could care less.
Funny how some people get so upset about things:mad:
This forum should not be a battle ground between 'pesonalities'. Most arguments, as far as I can see are mainly toungue in cheek. The serious wind-up merchants should maybe lighten up a bit.

NineFeetUnderground said:
top 10? lol

opeth probably makes the top 50...probably. it takes till the top 15 to even really get to "metal" bands though.

yeah, I'd be cool to if I spent half of my day on a messageboard lamenting about fanboys and how icky metal-girls are. :rolleyes:

Anyway...why don't you post on the progarchives forum? Oh yeah, you wouldn't feel superior there.

On topic: I promote Opeth.

Flame @ random person
Another flame @ random person

Coldplay sucks!
Coldplay doesn't suck!
Coldplay sucks!
You suck!

END OF THREAD.

Btw: Coldplay does not suck, but is just average pop/rock imo, not worth listening to

Coldplay does not suck, they are miles above average though.
But not worth listening to when you have OPETH!!!!! OMG I LOVE OPETH!!!! GO BUY OPETH CD"S NOWWWWWWWWW

Let's all go out with a bomb and hold hostages, then send out a message to all the local television channels that if they don't broadcast Opeth commercials and if MAYH doesn't go triple platinum in the next week that we blow the hossies up.

Braighs said:
yeah, I'd be cool to if I spent half of my day on a messageboard lamenting about fanboys and how icky metal-girls are. :rolleyes:

Anyway...why don't you post on the progarchives forum? Oh yeah, you wouldn't feel superior there.

On topic: I promote Opeth.

actually, the prog archives forum is even more pathetic than this one. but thanks for asking you presumptuous twat.

metal_wrath said:
Oh really, if you are an Opeth fanboy, which is undisputable IMO (look at your number of posts), then you are the worst fanboy ever!

In that case, let me guess your top 14 bands,

1. Your OWN fucking band!!
2. Coldplay
3. Insert classic/overplayed rock band
4. Insert random unknown electronica band
5. Your other band
6. Insert random 70's prog band, for "credibility"
7. Insert random pop band, "yeah, there last album was waaay better than Ghost Reveries
8. Are the Backstreet boys technically a band???
9. Elton John, (because you are openminded)
10. Insert random non-metal band
11. see 10
12. see 10
13 see 10
14 see 10

hardly. im sorry you live in a box though, good luck with all that.

Kenneth R. said:
real men don't have to constantly assert that they are 'real men'.

my Coldplay recommendation is "A Rush of Blood to the Head". Not as well done as the 3rd album nor as poppy as the 1st, but overall the most interesting to me.

yah, but if someone is recommending coldplay, you have to call them a fag...otherwise, you're one. :erk:

i'd really like their first album. a rush of blood to the head is awesome too, but...ehhh, as i type this, i wish to change my mind. the 2nd one is a bit more over the top in the style that they play, if you know what i mean...i love the first track on that album, probably my favorite coldplay song. i haven't heard all of the new one, but i like the single.