Promote Opeth

NineFeetUnderground said:
coldplay is not "horrible". theyre no radiohead, thats for sure, but i dont think theyre trying to be...i dont see how people draw that comparison. its like saying lynard skynard is no led zeppelin. :rolleyes:

but anyone on a metal forum, judging a decent band like coldplay as being "horrible", really has some deeper lining homosexuality issues they need to work out. if you can listen to damnation, you should be able to listen to coldplay. Opeth is NOT elite. period.

I have pretty much heard zero Coldplay apart from the stuff on the radio which didn't seem to appeal but I've never really paid much attention either..
What Coldplay songs/album would you reccomend?

Benighted1 said:
I have pretty much heard zero Coldplay apart from the stuff on the radio which didn't seem to appeal but I've never really paid much attention either..
Are you kidding, anyone who listens to Colplay IMO loses all credibility and shouldn't reccomend music to anyone, especially music from the bunch of wining english women collectively known as Coldplay. Saying that, I think anyone who likes Coldplay has homoeroticism issues.

Benighted1 said:

i wouldnt really. if you dont like what youve heard on the radio, youre not really going to like any of their stuff...seeing as its all in the same vein really. id say their "speed of sound" song is probably the best track theyve done though, it definitely works on a great level for what it is, and who theyre competing against as well.

LOL@ NFU looseing credibility.

I havnt listened to much Coldplay aside from the radio songs. I like Radiohead ALOT more though. I was just listening to Ok Computer like a night ago, i was happy to see a few people hear actually like them. Good stuff.

metal_wrath said:
Are you kidding, anyone who listens to Colplay IMO loses all credibility and shouldn't reccomend music to anyone, especially music from the bunch of wining english women collectively known as Coldplay. Saying that, I think anyone who likes Coldplay has homoeroticism issues.

it takes credibility to strip someone elses credibility.

this would not be you, for you would have needed credibility in the first place, especially to gather whether or not i lose any. try again tart

it takes credibility to strip someone elses credibility.

this would not be you, for you would have needed credibility in the first place, especially to gather whether or not i lose any. try again tart
I would compare credibility on this board to integrity in pop music, non fucking-existent:)

no. inaccurate. i like all the above bands, and plenty more which share sides with either extreme. complexity has very little to do with anything. as does pop appeal. the beatles have pop appeal. pink floyd have pop appeal. but both bands have their complex moments. and both bands have their simple pop moments. end.

i was just answering megamoose's question.

affinityband said:
I disagree there are definate notable parts where they have taken it from radiohead but made less 'extreme'. Radiohead sells. But coldplay sells more. Too me they sound like radiohead but the ideas just arent as well thought out and this in turn makes it more listenable to the public. Iv always thought this of coldplay and could possibly go on for eternity about how they are in the shadow of radiohead to me.

Acutally, I like a few Coldplay tunes but I agree with this statement

EDIT: oops, sorry for coming back to Coldplay, carry on with Opeth :loco:

those who think coldplay are "terrible"...probably have opeth in their top 5 artists ever.

They're not in your top 5???
Top 10 at least eh?
Damn, your music is so superior to mine :erk:

edit - nevermind...I think.

metal_wrath said:

your a fucking retard. everytime you post, it is something stupid as hell. Please fuck off. I was not asking you anyway... I was refering to someone with a shred of intelligence...

Benighted1 said:

your asking people to recommend you Coldplay???:erk:

Oh man.