Promote Opeth

Ken Lyall said:
Wreath: I am not a 'fanboy', whatever that it is, by the way.

Haha sorry man, wasn't aimed at you ;) it's just that Nine Feet Udder has the tendency to label everyone he doesn't seem to like or understand as 'fanboy' so I was waiting for him to call you one but it seems you made it out alive ;)

And to you NFUck, tell me: how often do you jerk off in front of the mirror? It's where megalomania comes from you know...

Spectacular Views said:
i used to care about what music my friends listened to and then i realized that trying to push stuff on people that arent interested is a worthless exercise. if they're interested let them come to you about it, and certainly dont be any more proactive than saying "hey check this cd out". if you get pissed off about their taste in music or try to force your taste on them youre pretty much a faggot, there are more important things in a friend than their taste in music. once i realized that i pretty much stopped caring what my friends lsiten to :)

I agree 100% with this.

Some of my friends thinks really hard that Kurt Cobain was more talented than Akerfeldt... and that's FUCKING annoying me!!! Some of them have never heard Opeth and they still think think that it's a shitty band with death vox!!!

They don't know what they are missing!!!

strange...i get a very gunt piddlesworth vibe from spectacular views.

and nfu...i agree with you about opeth being tame. they are much sweeter than most metal, including metallica, in flames, children of bodom, etc.. even their heaviest of sections. in that case, it has a lot to do with the attitude that people look for in their music...not just genre, or compositional style. i think that in general, people that listen to coldplay are going to like opeth more than people who listen strictly to hate eternal.

JoeVice said:
i think that in general, people that listen to coldplay are going to like opeth more than people who listen strictly to hate eternal.
I highly doubt that. In terms of taste, anyone who listens to Coldplay are either in severe musical ignorance or have bad tastes. Either way I don't think they would be drawn to Opeth at all esp. due to the death metal vox.

coldplay aren't half bad. I actually quite enjoyed their last album whereas the first two were kinda 'meh'.

metal_wrath said:
I highly doubt that. In terms of taste, anyone who listens to Coldplay are either in severe musical ignorance or have bad tastes. Either way I don't think they would be drawn to Opeth at all esp. due to the death metal vox.

i listen to coldplay, and i listen to opeth....so, therefore...

In terms of taste, anyone who listens to Coldplay or Opeth are either in severe musical ignorance or have bad tastes.

imo, opeth's music is more in the vein of coldplay than of hate eternal. i went to a hate eternal show once, and discussed music with a metalhead...the kind of metalhead that listens only to 92083740982 bpm deathmetal. we were talking about metal, and i brought up opeth. he gave me this look of, oh god...you fucking pussy....he then said, "ehh, i can tolerate them." he wasn't kidding either.

thats the kind of attitude that i was pointing out. that guy not only didn't like opeth, but the fact that the word "death metal" was even associated with a band like opeth made him feel uncomfortable.

Kenneth R. said:
why are people ripping on NFU and not the indie cadet?

you have some weird internet grudge with that guy, yeah he's talked bollocks in the past but his post about his friends' music makes perfect sense. your calling him a hypocrite was wrong too because he said he doesnt force his music onto his friends, i dunno about you but I dont class myself as a friend of every random guy on an internet forum..

JoeVice said:
i agree with you about opeth being tame. they are much sweeter than most metal, including metallica, in flames, children of bodom, etc.. even their heaviest of sections. in that case, it has a lot to do with the attitude that people look for in their music...not just genre, or compositional style. i think that in general, people that listen to coldplay are going to like opeth more than people who listen strictly to hate eternal.

TAME: subdued, spiritless, dull, insipid. MY dictionary tells me so. I underdstand the point but tame is not the right word.
SWEETER: pleasing to the senses, fragrant, pleasant or melodious in sound, charming , aimable, gracious. Thats the right word:loco: