Punk is dead

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
You know what....all those bands suck. As I said REAL punk is dead.

yea... there is no such thing as a real punker nemore.. not even the music.. its gay.. my uncle is a oldschool punker and he has music from back in the day that no "punker" has ever even heard of.. the music is fucking stupid.. but its better then the shit today.. its caught up to the "scene" shit.. they only dress punk to say they r..

There's a typical metalhead with that "Camaro Teen" mentality for ya'! You are so caught up in your stupid longhaired bongbrained adolescent leather metal world that in your opinion if a rock band doesn't play chunka-chunka thud Metallica type crap and have some ostentatious wannabee-but-failed-opera-singer frontman it just isn't "cool", right? Haw haw haw haw haw!!! Long live old school punk! Fuck the metal, or at least most of it! Go back to your Ronnie James Dio sword and sorcery fantasy land gaming tables and your pretentious corporate formula wall of Marshall macho badass bullshit. You wouldn't get it if it hit you over the head anyway! Haw haw haw haw haw!!!

Jowood said:
Hawthorne Heights is terrible.
Its a trend. Once all the high schoolers realize how stupid it was they'll all have a good laugh and listen to a better and more diverse selection of music.

I agree. One of my brothers friends abandoned metal because he likes Hawthorne Heights and all of that trendy Emo crap. I hope he dies...

Wow, most of the people in this forum are more retarded than in GMD. Most of you have no clue what actual punk music is, how much actual variation there is in punk music, and how much punk has affected all kinds of musical genres, yes, including METAL. Know your fucking roots, i know punks that are way more metal than some of you ignorant fucks probably are.

Davtar said:
Some emo is ok, but I like Screamo... Bands such as: Senses Fail, Silverstein, and Hawthorne heights are really good screamo, people really need to give some of these bands a chance. I like metal as much as the rest of you, it is still my favorite genre, it's just the simple fact that I started off with that stuff and I still like it.

Dude sceamo pretty much is emo with screaming so your not too far from emo when you say you like screamo.

Fredy_Brown said:
dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34: Shut the fuck up finally. You are close-minded dubm ass and know nothing about rap/hip-hop.
Discussion with you is pointless (like your posts here) maybe some straigh people like you, but they are retarded in same way like you are.

I know enough about rap to know that rap is the same fuckin shit over and over again. The same fuckin beats and the same fuckin lyric ideas. It is cliched beyond belief and just plain fuckin sucks. Just look at my cd case and then try to tell me I'm close-minded. I like anything from classic rock, punk, metal, reggae, ska, etc. That does NOT make close-minded. Your ignorant ass just thinks that you have to like every genre of music to be open-minded. Just 'cause I don't like your pop and rap bullshit doesn't mean I'm not open-minded.

Oh and another thing, I don't know what your trying to get at by saying you like mainstream music so much either. I have no problem with liking mainstream bands but half the time you say how bands like that are good JUST because they are mainstream which is far from true. Most of the time (but not all the time) bands start out underground and become mainstream by means of selling out and changing their music thus making them shitty not because they are mainstream but because of changing their music so much that it's shit. Hopefully that'll clear some shit up for you.

I know enough about rap to know that rap is the same fuckin shit over and over again. The same fuckin beats and the same fuckin lyric ideas. It is cliched beyond belief and just plain fuckin sucks. Just look at my cd case and then try to tell me I'm close-minded. Just because I don't like your shitty music doesn't mean im close-minded.
I you would know enough about rap, you would not call it same fucking shit over and over, this just proved your ignorance. End of story

but half the time you say how bands like that are good JUST because they are mainstream which is far from true.
What? Fucking bullshit.

Fredy_Brown said:
I you would know enough about rap, you would not call it same fucking shit over and over, this just proved your ignorance. End of story

Dude I do know about rap. I used to be into it (back when I was an ingnorant little fuck who followed trends) and I can tell you right now the subject matter of the lyrics is all the same with the exception of Eminem who I'll admit has talent even though I don't like him. You act like there's so much to rap when their really isn't. Hell the artists themselves don't take themselves seriously.

Dude I do know about rap. I used to be into it (back when I was an ingnorant little fuck who followed trends) and I can tell you right now the subject matter of the lyrics is all the same with the exception of Eminem who I'll admit has talent even though I don't like him. You act like there's so much to rap when their really isn't. Hell the artists themselves don't take themselves seriously.
There are more artist like him. No there is not much good rap/hip-hop, but there is not much good metal either.

How come your on a metal forum then?
That doesn´t mean there is no good metal. It´s same in every genre: few bands lead and the rest follow, some good, some worse, some terribly.
And metal is not exception.

Fredy_Brown said:
That doesn´t mean there is no good metal. It´s same in every genre: few bands lead and the rest follow, some good, some worse, some terribly.
And metal is not exception.

Well I'd assume that you'd be really into metal if your on this site considering its called "ultimate metal".

Seriously dude you need to learn to respect other people's opinions. I personally think rap sucks. Doesn't mean you have to think that.