Queensryche Tour

I'm going to the show tomorrow night in Dallas and will be sporting my PPVII shirt... I wonder how many others I'll see in the crowd?

Leopard said:
In New York they did "Take Hold of the Flame" and Jet City Woman" as an encore.

Good to know...although I’d rather hear “Queen of the Reich”, or “The Lady Wore Black” than “Jet City Woman.” Even if Geoff can’t hit the high notes anymore. :cry:

I finally got my butt off the fence and bought tickets for Phoenix, and have really been trying hard to give the new CD a fair listen. The first half is sort of growing on me, but it seems like the momentum just skids to a complete halt after the Dio track.

Before reading about the encores on this thread, I was actually debating the relative merits of seeing the last 30 minutes of the show versus getting a jump on the parking garage traffic. :erk:

LunaTEKKE said:
Good to know...although I’d rather hear “Queen of the Reich”, or “The Lady Wore Black” than “Jet City Woman.” Even if Geoff can’t hit the high notes anymore. :cry:

I'm so with ya there LunaTEKKE! I heckled them last time we saw them when they closed the show without playing Take Hold of The Flame. They were playing new crap though.

kittybeast said:
Oct. 11th here. Cannot wait to see Dio's guest appearance :headbang: :kickass:

Oh you're so lucky!!! I would love to see Dio with them too, but I know for a fact that he most likely won't be with them when go. :( Our Ryche show is Nov 8th in New Jersey. If my son's birthday wasn't the same weekend and we had the funds we'd consider flying out there!!

Either way...from the reviews we've heard it should still be a phenomenal show!

Deb

LunaTEKKE said:

I finally got my butt off the fence and bought tickets for Phoenix, and have really been trying hard to give the new CD a fair listen. The first half is sort of growing on me, but it seems like the momentum just skids to a complete halt after the Dio track.

Before reading about the encores on this thread, I was actually debating the relative merits of seeing the last 30 minutes of the show versus getting a jump on the parking garage traffic. :erk:

The CD does take some use getting used to but it is worth a listen. It is 10x better than Tribe and is closer to the Ryche we all know and love. :)

Am I the only one that thinks this new disc of theirs is total crap? :Smug: I'm really curious to see how much more Queensryche can milk the original Mindcrime in order to market their recent junk.

RycheMaiden said:
Oh you're so lucky!!! I would love to see Dio with them too, but I know for a fact that he most likely won't be with them when go. :(
Deb

special guest for the Los Angeles show, I hope his schedule will change so he'll be included in more shows. sure to be a damn good show either way. Caught them last year doing OPMC I in it's entirety. :headbang: :headbang: I edited my last post as I had the date wrong. oopsie

LunaTEKKE said:

Funny, I've had the opposite experience. I struggle a bit through the first half looking forward to the Dio track (#10) and the ones after it. I think about 5 out of the final 7 songs are just awesome. However, this is where the slow/love songs are, so if that brings you down, then I could see the screeching halt feeling.

Generally, this CD took me over 10 listens to get into. Knowing that I was going to this concert, I stuck with it (I'd normally give up after 5 spins if I don't like it) and I was rewarded. I now can appreciate just how good this disc is. Of course it's not the original Mindcrime and never could be. But it's solid. If nothing else, people should give Fear City Slide a chance (#16). This song downright rules. Probably now one of the fav QR tunes - totally stuck in my head.

kittybeast said:
special guest for the Los Angeles show, I hope his schedule will change so he'll be included in more shows. sure to be a damn good show either way. Caught them last year doing OPMC I in it's entirety. :headbang: :headbang: I edited my last post as I had the date wrong. oopsie

I've got my dates mixed up before...no worries! :cool: I too saw them doing OMC last year and am very much looking forward to seeing both OMC's back to back. If Dio can be there for the Jersey show then it would be awesome but I'm not going to count on it. Just seeing Ryche again will make it an awesome evening! :headbang:

Deb