Question for Janne or the Kman.

Delanoir

May 29, 2008
How much can the band drink before getting destroyed?

Pointless, I know. But I'm curious.

Exactly.

And I don't even care how my last post came-off, because excluding those people previously mentioned, what I said only offends people who have it coming anyway, and probably already know it themselves.

The majority of everyone else just whines how CoB isn't playing near them, or how they used to be so much better, or they can't shut up about how they're gods (they're not, they're just regular people like everyone else, who happen to be cool guys and great musicians), or they ramble on about any of the other countless pathetic and pointless topics that get talked about a million times over and over. It's really embarrassing and sad to see when people here actually get caught up in the personal lives of the band, and try finding out all kinds of info, or worse, make all kinds of idiotic assumptions, when none of it is their business at all.

Or worse, they think the band has some obligation to them, whether giving them all kinds of personal info or even going out of their way to talk and answer random questions. Guess what? They don't. Anytime any band does that, it's surprising, and something special. They're not your friends, you do not know them, and they owe you nothing. If that means you don't like them, and won't buy their crap, then any of the reasonable minded people who already realize this and are fine with it, will.

:)

I appreciate the irony of this situation, but I actually haven't seen this topic discussed before.

Though I am admittedly somewhat drunk right now, I guess that makes this perhaps no less hypocritical.

My question still stand,s unless someone can show me where it has been answered before.

Oh lol! Irony is sweet.:lol:

Anyway, Alexi said somewhere I think in one of Zarok's interviews that himself and Janne have a fairly high tolerance level but that Roope gets drunk a lot easier.You probably heard that already.. Think Sampy Artica said something before too about that, that herself and the guys got thrown out of a club or something because Roope was too drunk to get served. Dunno about Jaska or Henkka though.
I haven't a clue about quantities either,quite a bit I'd say..seriously though WHY would you actually care enough to start a new topic and not put this in with the quick/stupid/beginer questions?

if anyone could tell exactly HOW much someone can drink. do you expect answers like ''20 Beer and a bottle of Whiskey'' ?

I guess every bum you see sitting with his bum mates in parks can outdrink them

Or any alcoholic. Like one of the actors in the movie Gladiator, who was always drunk in shoots with at least a bottle of rum down. One evening he challenged some military people to a drinking contest. He drank them under the table, went to the disk and said now we start drinking and ordered three whiskeys. He was found dead for heartache later in the same night tho :lol: So the crew had to cancel some planned shots for the end of the movie.

^The guy who bought the slaves for gladiators, I dunno.

Not Russell Crowe, altough I heard he's a big diva for man, and was also into booze. Once he came an hour late to an interview (having been in a bar), then the interviewer asked can you tell us where you were? Russell said that's none of your business. Then the interviewer said c'mon, our spektators want to know. Russell reacted by saying ok this interview is over, and left. :lol:

@Snowy: I didn't mean to make it seem like an exact number or anything, just in general. I was also drinking at the time I posted, which is why I asked in the first place, without realizing it was a dumb question not really worth asking.

And I the actor's name was Oliver Reed, the character was Proximo.

EDIT: According to IMDB, he died of a heart attack in a bar after downing three bottles of Captain Morgan's Jamaica rum, eight bottles of German beer, numerous doubles of Famous Grouse whiskey, and beating five much younger Royal Navy sailors at arm-wrestling. His bar bill for that final lunch time totaled 270 Maltese lira, almost £450, or about $643.

^Wow that guy is an alcoholic. Looks like the stories change a little when they pass from ear to ear... That's a damn good rum btw, I should get a bottle again.

One person I knew used to be an alcoholic, I remember one time he drank a litre of whiskey, then insisted he could go to the back closet of the car for a ride, then he drank another bottle of whiskey with his friend, with some beers.. he was about 50.

I also "know" someone who tastes alcohol once in a year, and after that he can't stop; he spends maybe two months laying on his sofa, his daughter comes to take the booze away, but then he calls his "friends" to get more for him, and pays them a hell of a lot for doing that. He can live for weeks just drinking booze on the sofa, getting all the energy the body needs for living from the booze, and shitting and pissing on himself, until he's taken to hospital. He even had a gun and threatened to kill himself but my bro went to get it from him... It just sucks because with incidents like this, no-one can do nothing.

I also "know" someone who tastes alcohol once in a year, and after that he can't stop; he spends maybe two months laying on his sofa, his daughter comes to take the booze away, but then he calls his "friends" to get more for him, and pays them a hell of a lot for doing that. He can live for weeks just drinking booze on the sofa, getting all the energy the body needs for living from the booze, and shitting and pissing on himself, until he's taken to hospital. He even had a gun and threatened to kill himself but my bro went to get it from him... It just sucks because with incidents like this, no-one can do nothing.

cool story bro

ha. nice one. after all his bitching and preaching, he comes and does this :rolleyes:

Roope drinks the most. I want a Roope Explains the World DVD.
hell yeah, this would be hilarious!

^The guy who bought the slaves for gladiators, I dunno.

Not Russell Crowe, altough I heard he's a big diva for man, and was also into booze. Once he came an hour late to an interview (having been in a bar), then the interviewer asked can you tell us where you were? Russell said that's none of your business. Then the interviewer said c'mon, our spektators want to know. Russell reacted by saying ok this interview is over, and left. :lol:

Russell used to be a neo-nazi skinhead when he was young and still in Australia. In fact, watch Romper Stomper. it's an old skin movie which he was in, he played the "leader" skinhead.

ha. nice one. after all his bitching and preaching, he comes and does this :rolleyes:

Russell used to be a neo-nazi skinhead when he was young and still in Australia. In fact, watch Romper Stomper. it's an old skin movie which he was in, he played the "leader" skinhead.
Oh please, grow up. I already said myself that it was ironic and funny. Acting all indignant about it is just childish.

And where did you ever hear that? He's been acting pretty much all his life. That was simply a role in a movie. Do you think Edward Norton was a skinhead too, because of American History X?

I'm not saying that just because he played that role that means he used to be one. I used to have a few skinhead friends when I was younger, and one of them told me that Russell used to be one in his younger days. I remember looking into it and I found it to be correct. maybe you can find something about it on the internet.

I saw a piece of that movie. I thought Russell was a bad choice for a role like that, because having seen the Gladiator (and Beautiful Day? or whatever) I supposed he'd be a brighter guy. Many of my friends were neo-nazis but seem to have grown up a bit.