Question for Mikael

^ hey only because you like steven as I see dosn't mean that I should like him, I can't say i'm not, he is amazing
but overall I prefer opeth just as opeth and not Porcupine tree/opeth stuff
and I love opeth to death, you can't say that i'm a failure, sorry

I NOT SEE WHY MICKEL CANOT PRODUCT NEW ALBUM HIS SELF. HE IS TOP METAL ARTIST WITH MANY MUSIC AND PRODUCT EXPERIENCES.

STEVEN WISLON IS NOT KNOWN TO ME HE PRODUCT OPETH ALBUM?

^ hey only because you like steven as I see dosn't mean that I should like him, I can't say i'm not, he is amazing
but overall I prefer opeth just as opeth and not Porcupine tree/opeth stuff
and I love opeth to death, you can't say that i'm a failure, sorry

just get your fact correct before you say something stupid, it's not a matter of opinion, because if it was, i certainly couldn't care less about yours

I NOT SEE WHY MICKEL CANOT PRODUCT NEW ALBUM HIS SELF. HE IS TOP METAL ARTIST WITH MANY MUSIC AND PRODUCT EXPERIENCES.

just shut up already ffs

Alright it wasn´t even funny the first time, cut the act. Why should lack of english skills mean that one cant even spell a name correct(Mickel)?

I actually really like what Jens did on GR and TRT (and on Kat's TGCD). I would be more than happy to hear that he's on board for the new one. If they work with SW, great. I think it's a bit of a retread, but okay.

I liked the production on Ghost Reveries. Steven Wilson is great, but it'd be cool to see them work with someone new. I hope the album is heavier than Ghost Reveries.

It's obvious that Steve Wilson and Mikael/Opeth work well together, and it's also obvious that Opeth does fine self-producing. I'm sure this new album will be balanced just like the other albums are, but I seriously doubt it'll be heavier on the lighter side, considering Mikael's recent post that after the first few band rehearsals he felt sick afterwards from having to concentrate so hard on executing the technical aspects of the songs.

I do hope they go back to Fascination Street to record, because the recording quality of GR is superb.

It would be uberpwner if they make a lot of mellow parts in Morningrise style and heavy stuff like the more recent work. That would really be killer imho.

Anyway, I don't think Steven Wilson will help that much. Usually a producer brings new ideas, and, seeing how Steven already produced three albums, he wouldn't be carrying with him many NEW ideas.

It would be uberpwner if they make a lot of mellow parts in Morningrise style and heavy stuff like the more recent work. That would really be killer imho.

Anyway, I don't think Steven Wilson will help that much. Usually a producer brings new ideas, and, seeing how Steven already produced three albums, he wouldn't be carrying with him many NEW ideas.

:D i think steven is the last person on earth unable to come up with new ideas.

Hasn´t Metallica been in the studio for a couple of months already? They´ll probably be done later than Opeth in any case, but the result will be 10 times worse anyway.