Question for Mr. Andy Sneap-Mic pre of choice?

Man, to be honest, I will go for the Neve 100% of the time over anything else. Nothing that I've ever heard sounds as huge as those things. Those api 550a's are great eq's for drums and guitars, though. So are the graphics that they make.

It's a toss up between steak and lobster. I'm leaving to go get Popeye's right now though.

When it comes to vocals, what kind of Pre would you use. Should one invest in a really expensive unit ($2000) and do both guitar and vocal through it or are you better of with two (one for guitar and one for vocals) different and less expensive ones ($1000 each)?

Do you guys like any one of the Focusrite (Reds, greens, ISA)??

metalkingdom said:
I'm leaving to go get Popeye's right now though.

Now that's just not fair!!! I've had a craving for Popeye's for over a month now and had managed to not think about it too much until that comment!! :cry: Damn the chicken-y goodness!!

Anyone want to help me start a campaign to get Popeye's to the UK?

Once, while in Florida, I went to a Popeye's. Damn, that was one of the worst places I've ever stepped into, and the worst food I've ever paid to eat in my entire life. :puke:

Bad luck, I guess. :tickled:

Razorjack said:
Now that's just not fair!!! I've had a craving for Popeye's for over a month now and had managed to not think about it too much until that comment!! :cry: Damn the chicken-y goodness!!

Anyone want to help me start a campaign to get Popeye's to the UK?

OMFG it was soooooo good! Hahahaha! Wimpy's just doesn't do it, does it?:Spin:

metalkingdom said:
A good engineer can make nearly anything sound good.

Indeed.

A little thinking out of the box but... How are your monitors? You can have the best mic pres in the world but if you have shitty monitors/room acoustics it won't really be as big of a difference.