Questions

Hoy.. Just found this place..

Q; Will you ever release a collection of single editions/otherwise unreleased/hard to get stuff?
Like someone in another thread, i´ve been searching the net for a while to find the Nothing single (Epic version is one of the most awesomest songs ever), without luck. also there are quite a few other tracks still really hard to find.

Hoy.. Just found this place..

Q; Will you ever release a collection of single editions/otherwise unreleased/hard to get stuff?
Like someone in another thread, i´ve been searching the net for a while to find the Nothing single (Epic version is one of the most awesomest songs ever), without luck. also there are quite a few other tracks still really hard to find.

Time will tell... It would be a shame if we didn't :)

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but what is Pains official (and your personal opinions as band members) stance on bootleg recordings?
That is, non-profit live recordings made for trading purposes.

Hello deadborn!
If you're talking about recording with your cellphone and publishing on YouTube I think it's very much ok. It's not ok when it becomes "professional" or "an industry" like recording with professional equipment, making hundreds of copies and selling them over he internet. And I think any musician or songwriter would agree with me.

Cheers!

:kickass:

Concert bootlegs are fan filmed concerts (normally a whole concert) and the people that record them do not sell them (in most cases), they swap them for other concerts.

The quality can change from one concert to another of course because it depends on what it is filmed with, here is an example of one of the pain concerts filmed and bootlegged in Russia in 2007:

Bands have different opinions of these recordings, some don't care, some don't like these "bootlegs" (like Tool) and some enjoy people to record there concerts (I know a friend was asked to bootleg the Godseed concert at Hellfest 2009 and send it to the band after)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a question for Michael from a friend:
Hi,

I've been looking for a Bye/die tab and I've found 2 different versions, and I'd like to know which one is the best.
tab 1:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/pain/byedie_tab.htm
tab 2 :
E||---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
B||---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
G||---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
D||---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
A||--12s--14--14--14-14-14-14-9--9--9--|--9-9-10--10--10--10-10-13--13--13--|
D||--12s--14--14--14-14-14-14-9--9--9--|--9-9-10--10--10--10-10-13--13--13--|
I think he is talking about the intro of the song

As far as I know PAIN uses Drop A tuning (A E A D F# B), but then again I may be wrong.

@ michael: last year you wrote on your myspace blog that you were working on a project about Brejn Dedd. Did you have any success on this project? Did you find a way to make the songs available for us?

@PAIN in general:After listening to some Plague Divine, i think that johan should have some vocal appearances on the new PAIN album!
I know Peter will soon be touring south america with Hypocrisy, but are there any updates on the new album?

Well, this year i am doing lots of stuff in the studio.. First i did the Pain Live in Paris album, then i did the Brejndedd project, and right now i am in the final phase of mixing the upcoming Vondur re-release. Later this year i will do more mix and remix stuff with various bands that i cannot reveal yet except for the band No Big Silence from Estonia. I think i have the rest of the year almost filled.

As for your questions: the Brejndedd project turned out really good and both myself, IT and Swanö was happy with the result. I just hadn't got the time to research if there would be any company interested in releasing it. It would be cool to finally do that though.

Johan actually had some cool vocal appearances on the third 8thSin album that we haven't released yet, on the Depeche Mode cover of "Walking in my shoes" which is really great. He also sang lots of backup on the second album as well.

The next Pain album is being worked on right now.

Johan actually had some cool vocal appearances on the third 8thSin album that we haven't released yet, on the Depeche Mode cover of "Walking in my shoes" which is really great. He also sang lots of backup on the second album as well.

The next Pain album is being worked on right now.

Good News!

I hope you will find a company to release the stuff you worked on!

How's going with the new album? I am sure it will be great as all other albums :headbang:
Is there going to be a concert in Croatia on the next tour or at least somewhere near?
Thanks
Big hugs to all of you

hello again,

I have another question.

Is there any Pain songs that haven't been performed live yet? (from the released materials of course)

I haven't seen songs like Don't Count Me Out, as well as most of the first album, in any setlists, so I got a bit curious.

There are several Pain songs that have not been played live, and it's always interesting to add new stuff to the setlist. But, naturally we are facing a growing backcatalog of Pain every time a new album is released, and it's always a bunch of songs that most fans always demands us to play, so the summary of that discussion is always that it's tricky to add many "unplayed" songs to the setlist. I am sure we will, and we try, but it's getting more difficult every time a new album is released. Just look at the 2009 headline tour, we played over 100 minutes almost every night because we had so many songs and also wanted to add as much as possible from the new album. I think we did 4 songs from Cynic on that tour. Our solution to the topic is that we have let songs come and go at the setlist. In 2007 a lot of new "unplayed songs" entered the setlists, and were dropped again in 2008. Some came back later on, and some didn't. Sometimes you also realise that any good song on the CD isn't always a good live song. But i promise we will try.
It would be easier to hear from you guys, which songs we should drop from the setlist... :)

well it would be a good idea to include in the wishlist which three songs from the 2009 headline tour you should leave out on your next tour.