Questions

There are some pretty "obscure" songs in the back catalogue too, would that make a diffrence where the song is placed so to speak?

For example, It'd be great if you would play "Give it up", but since it was a bonus track and a b-side for a single, does that make it less likely to get played?

And have you ever considered dropping Shut Your Mouth even once just to see the crowd reaction? :lol:

And have you ever considered dropping Shut Your Mouth even once just to see the crowd reaction? :lol:

I think they will kill us if we'd do that...

For example, It'd be great if you would play "Give it up", but since it was a bonus track and a b-side for a single, does that make it less likely to get played?

The chance that people have heard it is decreasing when you dig into those kind of songs, and i suppose most people want to hear songs they know?

ha, I even did not know about "Give It Up" as "Nothing Remains The Same" is the only album i do not own. but after listening to that song on youtube for several times no, I have to agree that i would like to hear that one live too;-)
actually it would be nice to hear all PAIN songs live (apart from Play Dead):D

I think they will kill us if we'd do that...

could be that way ;)
when I am at a metal party in the local (not too small) club/discotheque, everyone wants to get "Shut Your Mouth" played and ask until the DJ puts it up to the speakers. :D
during the first few notes almost everyone storms to the area on which the crowd can headbang... it crowdy - but a lot of fun :headbang:

David Wallin
Peter is Gene Simmon`s fan,right?

Hello Mustakorppi!
How's it going in Germany? I don't think he's a genuine Gene fan. He's a genuine KISS fan alright, and he collects KISS stuff. Like everything from KISS flipper games to original vinyls and mechandise. You may have noticed that he wears KISS t-shirts sometimes when we play live.

hey.... i have some question.
Pain in Israel - WHEN??? WHEN??? why whey are not coming :(
it is because we JEW (lol) :)

when comes Pain again to Vienna or somewhere else in Austria? Found your epic band just some weeks after you playes your last concert in vienna :(

I can't wait!! I hope you guys will come in Rome (or everywhere else in Italy)! We're waiting for you!

Hi! there are some questions from young russian band :)
They are trying to record their first demo in the home studio. And need and need professional advice.
Michael, David, could you be so kind to tell:

1.How many different guitar plays do you record? Are the guitars double or quad-tracked?

2.Do you reamp guitars or record them "on the fly"? Do you quantize your guitar tracks?

3.What mics models and how many of them do you use when record guitar/bass cabinets? What are the most often positions of mics?

4.How high do you cut the low-end of guitar tracks? Did you use the "dynamic"(or just automated) cutting?

5.Have you ever tuned (automatically or manually) the vocal track or the instrument?

6.Do you use some treatment on the master bus when mixing the project or it's only applicable at the separate mastering stage?

7.Do you record the snare bottom? In what cases?

8.Have you ever completely replaced some drum track from the kit with samples, or is there the blending only?

9.What the way do you use making the drumpart on the PC(MAC :) )? MIDI-keyboard, e-drums, pad controller or maybe just with your mouse in the piano-roll? Do you quantize it or humanize contrariwise?

10.Do you use any orchestral VSTis or just record the real orchestra/strings?

11.Do you use the custom-shop devices in your work or prefer the world-known brands like Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Peavey, etc.

12.How much time do you spent with mixing of a single song?

13.What about the rest, control listening on the different speakers/sound-sources? Do you ask some other people to listen to your in-work mix?

THN 4 the answers :)

Hi! there are some questions from young russian band :)
They are trying to record their first demo in the home studio. And need and need professional advice.
Michael, David, could you be so kind to tell:

1.How many different guitar plays do you record? Are the guitars double or quad-tracked?

2.Do you reamp guitars or record them "on the fly"? Do you quantize your guitar tracks?

3.What mics models and how many of them do you use when record guitar/bass cabinets? What are the most often positions of mics?

4.How high do you cut the low-end of guitar tracks? Did you use the "dynamic"(or just automated) cutting?

5.Have you ever tuned (automatically or manually) the vocal track or the instrument?

6.Do you use some treatment on the master bus when mixing the project or it's only applicable at the separate mastering stage?

7.Do you record the snare bottom? In what cases?

8.Have you ever completely replaced some drum track from the kit with samples, or is there the blending only?

9.What the way do you use making the drumpart on the PC(MAC :) )? MIDI-keyboard, e-drums, pad controller or maybe just with your mouse in the piano-roll? Do you quantize it or humanize contrariwise?

10.Do you use any orchestral VSTis or just record the real orchestra/strings?

11.Do you use the custom-shop devices in your work or prefer the world-known brands like Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Peavey, etc.

12.How much time do you spent with mixing of a single song?

13.What about the rest, control listening on the different speakers/sound-sources? Do you ask some other people to listen to your in-work mix?

THN 4 the answers :)

Wow... :guh:

Something wrong? :)

No, no.. just lot of questions :) I guess the answer to at least half of them are well kept secrets that I don't think Peter is to happy to reveal. Or he'll give you an answer that's far from the truth to confuse anybody who's trying to copy him :D

I'll try to answer some of the questions that are drum related, Michael might be able to answer some of the guitar related questions and also some of the recording related questions. We'll see whats left and if "The Mayor" are willing to let go of his secrets :)

You should have asked us about alcohol and spanking instead. I would give you a lessure :loco: