Quick question for those of you that live in Atlanta

dtmetalfan69

Southside Rocker
Mar 23, 2005
Chitown IL
I might be taking a taxi for the first time in the six years that I have been coming down for the show. Can anyone give me a ball park figure of how much it would be for a two mile ride??? I have an idea, and if all the rates are the same as they are in Chicago then I know. But just to be on the safe side.

Appreciate it!!!
Stay Metal!

Seriously, I have been screwed taking a taxi in the city before. But based on my experience, I would say $10 should easily cover it. Last couple of cab rides I've taken have been right at $20 for about a 4-5 mile ride.

Shaye

Last year Milton and myself and my daughter Mary got a cab from the airport to the hotel and it was $20 for the three of us.

Depends on where you pick the cab up. Usually there's a flat rate for the airport to your hotel, or house, depending on which zone you end up in. But I echo about the ask first, also, if you're using a credit card, ask if they take those first and foremost, as there are cabs that take cash only (found that out the hard way).

Thank you everyone. I will keep all of those tips in mind. We are driving down to Atlanta anyways. I was just trying to decided on weather we should take our car to the venue every night or just take a cabbie.

Stay metal!