Radial ProRMP?

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
So is this thing really that good for it's price? I always wrote it off for being at least half the price of the Cuniberti Reamp, X-Amp, & Redeye, but after hearing 006's samples comparing direct and reamped takes I'm starting to change my tune. Why do you guys think its so cheap comparitively, and should I just pick it up rather than a Redeye?

Mine works great and i love it!

I had the money for the original reamp but radial claim this to be the same exact thing and radial makes great stuff. So i figured why spend another hundred for the same thing.

Hmm, when you say the original reamp, you mean the Cuniberti reamp? Where did you read that dude, that's interesting to hear

I hear the difference between the two parts of that clip 006 posted. However, the Saffire Pro is also coloring the tone, not just the reamper.

Hmm, when you say the original reamp, you mean the Cuniberti reamp? Where did you read that dude, that's interesting to hear

There's a Product FAQ on the site that goes over some stuff...
http://www.radialeng.com/re-prormp-faq.htm

Here's the question about the Reamp for ya!

Q: What is the difference between the Reamp™ and the ProRMP?
A: The ProRMP is essentially the same as the Reamp™. It has a specially designed transformer on the inside that does the impedance transfer and a volume control to set the desired level. Both sound great! Because we produce large quantities, the ProRMP is slightly more affordable.

Yes i meant the Cuniberti reamp. Also F0RBIDDEN got you the info about being the same basically and why there cheaper. I think you would have to try pretty hard to find a sound difference between the Radial ProRMP and the Cuniberti reamp.

And any differences you hear (reamped vs. live performance) would not matter when placed in a mix.

~006

Have ProRMP - no problem. From one of russian gyus (also member of this board) I heard that redeye drops level more than ProRMP...
He thinks that redeye drops around 20db. Radial drops 11db with pot on maximum. So easier to get original level with ProRMP.
Don`t know about other competitors.
As for difference between ProRMP and Reamp - later has shielded transformer (from pictures).
My main reasons to get ProRMP were: 1) it`s twice as cheaper and 2) can be obtained from local dealers for very reasonable price.
Redeye will cost three times more here...

Pad button don`t worked on his redeye...
Something was broken. And he does not have suitable wrench to disamble the unit.

You know, when I get home from work today I am going to record a test clip so that I can see the difference once and for all. 4 takes, 2 through the 8Pre and 2 through the Saffire. 1 live and one reamped per interface.

Oh, and to be on topic, I have put EMGs (hum and single), DiMarzios, Seymour Duncans (hum, single and blackouts), Bareknuckles, several stock IBZ and ESP/LTD pickups as well as some Fender pickups through the ProRMP so far and no problems to date. And actually I don't think I have touched the output pot in a very long time either.

~006

Kickass 006, thanks! If you're satisfied with the results, then that'll be good enough for me, and I'll add a ProRMP to my burgeoning Sweetwater wish list for the summer!