radiohead

OK Computer/Kid A - 5/5
Amnesiac/In Rainbows - 4.5/5

Haven't given the rest a proper listen though.
Some say they like The Bends. Others like Hail to the thief and some like Pablo Honey as well.
It just keeps changing :zipit:
Think I'll give The Bends a listen next.

Nay. Weak music for latte drinkers. Grow some testicles and listen to Pearl Jam instead.

Oh my God you're right. What have I been doing with my life. Nothing but extra mega strong double shot black coffee and Pearl Jam up full blast from now on. I'll be sure to fart a lot and throw in a few "fuck yeah"'s for good measure.

:zombie:The Bends is their best (and no i'm not being an elitist fag)...or just saying it. The Bends is great.

Try this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2tjrC2SLiU

i'm familiar with the bends but i find it too predictable and comfortable, i get why people like it but i prefer my music more unsettled. even 'how to disappear completely' for all its calmness has this undertone of madness.

'street spirit' is prob my favourite song on the bends btw.

seriously though the studio version of 'idioteque' is totally amazing, i'm surprised more of you aren't giving the love for that over 'how to disappear completely'

Oh my God you're right. What have I been doing with my life. Nothing but extra mega strong double shot black coffee and Pearl Jam up full blast from now on. I'll be sure to fart a lot and throw in a few "fuck yeah"'s for good measure.
Don't forget to join a frat house and toss bean bags on the front lawn while listening to PJ.

I listened to OK Computer recently - my first voluntary experience with this band. The first few songs were really interesting, but eventually the album seemed to slip into sedate tedium. Would explore the band further - but it's not too high a priority right now.

If you don't like Radiohead, maybe you should stick to metal. They're pretty much the best band this generation has to offer.

Radiohead is awesome. End. I don't care if it's considered overrated. Thom Yorke is genius, that's it. Sadness mixed with madness and desperation.

I like the albums more / less depending on my mood so I couldn't really rank them or give them scores. Radiohead own though.

bumpage.

just got into them, largely in part of the Grammys ( yes I suck).

anyways, got kid a and a few songs of In Rainbows. Some of Thome's Lyrics are really incredible, and inspiring. also The song 15 Steps is just plain coll, Imo. Great structure

If you don't like Radiohead, maybe you should stick to metal. They're pretty much the best band this generation has to offer.

No way. They're pretty good, even though I don't listen to them, but there's nothing about them that earns them such a title.

What's the name of the song by Radiohead that was based off of this song? I forget the title.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only album I don't like or own is Pablo Honey. "Creep" is a great song though.

Omni - that main guitar hook in the track you posted is similar to one of the guitar parts in "Just". Not sure about "Just" being based on that song though.

I just looked that up, and apparently Radiohead acknowledges the song being an inspiration on "Just" and they've also covered it live.