Random Photo Thread

Rad, it kind of looks like the underside of a big red spider, staring right into the camera.

I <3 macro

macronug01.jpg

macropiece01.jpg

Some random street photography.. I've never been interested in people, until I took a photography class at the college and the instructor was a street photographer. Now I love it! Just need some more courage to do more |D

This summer:
street_01.jpg

street_02.jpg

street_03.jpg

Just yesterday:
street_04.jpg

street_05.jpg

street_06.jpg

Those are awesome. I don't have the gall to take pictures of people I don't know. Kudos for that.

Great pictures! I'm terrible at photographing people. I usually end up missing decent photo ops. I don't have the stones to snap photos of people I don't know unless I feel I can do it candidly, and when I'm around people I do know, I feel like I'd be annoying them walking around with a camera constantly in my hands just snapping away, so I only pull it out sometimes. This is the only photo of people I've taken any time recently that I feel came out decently from a photography perspective, and even then it's not especially great:

l_01ef2a31ef044f73b2d5a5b601854759.jpg

He kept insisting that he wanted to play, not realizing (or possibly just not caring) that a new player can't just jump in two thirds of the way into the game. :lol:

Those are awesome. I don't have the gall to take pictures of people I don't know. Kudos for that.
Great pictures! I'm terrible at photographing people. I usually end up missing decent photo ops. I don't have the stones to snap photos of people I don't know unless I feel I can do it candidly, and when I'm around people I do know, I feel like I'd be annoying them walking around with a camera constantly in my hands just snapping away, so I only pull it out sometimes.
Thanks :) Some photographers think, the only secret to good street photography is to overcome yourself.. I dunno if that's true. I mean, the first time is pretty tough but after a while you don't care anymore. Last weekend I did it togther with a friend and is was really fun. I'm always laughing like shit, every time I take picture right in front of someone and then you have their confusing facial expressions on the photo! It's hilarious!! :lol:

Nice, Tom. I wanna put that snowman in my apartment and turn off all the other lights. Your camera is good at night!

Tonight's sunset was especially nice. I love my view from work :)

sunset121109-2.jpg

sunset121109-3.jpg

sunset121109-1.jpg

Nice, Tom. I wanna put that snowman in my apartment and turn off all the other lights. Your camera is good at night!

Yeah, I'm really surprised at how well these turned out. I think I'm finally getting the hang of manual mode. I'm finding that the best way to get good night pictures is to keep the ISO under 400 and learn to stand or crouch really still for longer exposures. :lol: I'm still struggling with getting great images of moving subjects in bad lighting, though, such as people indoors.

Great skylines, by the way! You should learn how to do HDR photography, since a lot of these kinds of shots would look amazing in HDR.

You take three shots (one overexposed, one underexposed, and one properly exposed) and combine them, so... technically, yes, but not in the "I can tell by some of the pixels" sense.

Jeff

What Jeff said. Basically, by combining the different exposures, you get a shot where the highlights, midtones, and shadows are all perfectly exposed.

oct9-2.jpg

In this shot, for example, you wouldn't be able to just go into Photoshop and lighten the foreground. It's really underexposed, and the information just isn't there. But in an HDR shot, the buildings and the sky would both appear clear and well exposed.