RC March Madness - The Elite 8 (votes needed):

I'm bored, so this is a rough count.

Agalloch - 12
Iron Maiden - 7

Burzum - 10
Slough Feg - 9 (so are all of these sympathy votes or do we just have a bunch of anti-Burzumites?)

Carcass - 9
Enslaved - 10

Bathory - 11
Opeth - 8

EDIT: Dark One is included.

No, Slough Feg kicks more ass than Burzum. Actually Burzum doesn't really kick ass so much as they rule, so it's almost an unfair fight.

Agalloch
Burzum
Carcass vs. Enslaved
(haven't heard either good enough to pass fair judgement)
Opeth vs. Bathory (haven't heard either good enough to pass fair judgement)

Regardless of the outcome, I think this tournament shows that people have to sit up and take notice of Slough Feg. Man, what a run they're having!

And just in time for the new album. :kickass:

IOfTheStorm said:
Regardless of the outcome, i think that some people should stop listening to bands with "AAAARG" vocals only.

I agree, which is why I voted for Agalloch and Bathory.

IOfTheStorm said:
Regardless of the outcome, i think that some people should stop listening to bands with "AAAARG" vocals only.

Not that I don't listen to bands with clear vocals, but why should I stop listening to bands who only use growls?

I think he means, people shoud listen to all sorts of bands with all sorts of vocals. I think.

I hope that helps. :loco:

I never really looked into it but when this tournament started, was there a big bias towards death/extreme bands?

Interesting....if the final four are: Agalloch, Burzum, Enslaved, and Bathory, wouldn't that be reflective of the forum's general tastes?

I know everyone keeps thinking that all we listen to is Maiden, Hammers, Slough Feg etc, but that's not true. Some of us just whore threads a little. It's certainly not relfective of the entire board.

For sure, there are some bands that we can all pretty much agree on: Agalloch and Primordial are good examples.

I guess the real wild cards in this round are: Maiden, Slough Feg (!!), Carcass, and Opeth. The reason being, there are many more people with an indifferent opinion on these guys. (See Maiden vs Ulver round, heh).

But really, I think this tournament worked out well no matter who wins at this point. I'm actually susprised that Enslaved made it this far, but hey.....

Just my 2 cents and random thought for the day.