RC March Madness - The Elite 8 (votes needed):

Hlidskjalf vs. Traveller!!

Come on! Only one of these albums has a dog in a space-suit on the cover, and we all know that any album with a dog in a space-suit on the cover is better than a bunch of synths :p

JayKeeley said:
Search your feelings Agalloch fans, I know there is Maiden in you.
Not only that, but a whole fucking lot of it... But as I said... The band that made my favourite album ever deserves some credit

One Inch Man said:
union.jpg

union2.jpg

union3.jpg
SDIYFIOEUKL RKL RUEA

Erik said:
Not only that, but a whole fucking lot of it... But as I said... The band that made my favourite album ever deserves some credit

But can really one favorite compare to a whole legacy of heavy fuckin' metal of unmatched parallel?

I mean, Agalloch have two great albums and an EP or some shit like that. But Maiden have eight or nine exceptional albums, three or four albums which is only slightly above average, some of the best live albums of all time, some cool DVDs, merchandice, having inspired thousands of other bands and having filled arenas to the brink for over two decades! Much respect to Agalloch, for having created a truly original sound and great music, but come on... Iron Fucking Maiden, damnit!!!

It just seems to me, that even if you do like "Pale Folklore" more than any Maiden album, Iron Maiden would still deserve the vote.

RE: Agalloch vs IM. Some of you are voting Maiden over Agalloch because Agalloch has released only 2 albums and 4 EPs and Maiden has released much more? Well, that kinda happens when one band is full of geezers and the other came out in the late 90's. :Smug:

The way I see it...

If a band releases an album that is a truly stunning, original, and complete masterpiece (The Mantle, and to some degree Pale Folklore), than I'd gladly take it ANY day over a whole slur of albums that are just really good (Iron Maiden). It might not make sense to you, and you might call me a whimp or a bitch, but this is sure as fuck the case with me.

Edit: And Bathory has my vote over ANY other band on this list.