RC March Madness - The Elite 8 (votes needed):

Demilich said:
Hlidskjalf vs. Traveller!!

Come on! Only one of these albums has a dog in a space-suit on the cover, and we all know that any album with a dog in a space-suit on the cover is better than a bunch of synths

You know, when you put it like that, how can anyone disagree? :tickled:

JayKeeley said:
You know, when you put it like that, how can anyone disagree? :tickled:

It's things like dogs in spacesuits and albums called "Fuck of Death" that make my girlfriend think I'm gonna look back and call myself an idiot for buying so much metal "when I grow up".. fuck that!

That's amazing. How can anyone not love Hammerheart and Twilight of the Gods? That's as bad as not liking Maiden!!!!

uh, hold on a sec...........

J. said:
you compared one of Burzum's worst albums with your favorite Slough Feg album? well duh.... haha

Well, all the Slough Feg albums kick ass, and I've only heard Burzum up to Filosofem, but all those albums kick ass also, I just like Slough Feg's style more.

Plus, we're supposed to compare the most recent releases of each band, right?

Only thing Varg releases now are longwinded ideological rants that nobody reads!

The only time we're suppose to compare the latest releases is when there is a tie like Maiden vs Ulver (Dance of Death vs Super my pals), but all other times we're suppose to compare the entire catalogue. At least that's how I understood it.

J. said:
The only time we're suppose to compare the latest releases is when there is a tie like Maiden vs Ulver (Dance of Death vs Super my pals), but all other times we're suppose to compare the entire catalogue. At least that's how I understood it.

Slough Feg still wins for me! :)

What is the tally between Burzum and Slough Feg? Surely it's not even close....are you suggesting that there could be a tie between the two...? Haha, that would be outstanding. The underdogs are going all the way!!

This is like Greece in the European cup. :lol:

JayKeeley said:
What is the tally between Burzum and Slough Feg? Surely it's not even close....are you suggesting that there could be a tie between the two...? Haha, that would be outstanding. The underdogs are going all the way!!

This is like Greece in the European cup. :lol:

It's not gonna happen, man! Did the album I sent show up yet, by any chance?

rough count:

Agalloch - 23
Maiden - 13

Burzum - 21
Slough Feg - 14

Carcass - 12
Enslaved - 23

Bathory - 19
Opeth - 16

I'm happy with it, though I'd prefer Carcass, but that's no surprise they are losing. I am a bit surprised and disappointed that the Bathory/Opeth matchup is so close.

Carcass getting their ass handed to them by some stupid band means this tournament is dead to me.

DEAD.

Probably. It'll probably be Agalloch vs. Bathory. Hell, even Haughm would vote for Bathory, knowing his respect for Quorthon.