RC Sweet 16 Winners + 1 Tie (Votes Needed)

One Inch Man said:
Dance of Dance is either more of the same Maiden (surprise surprise) or lackluster to longtime fans.

Well, it's their best album since Seventh Son, so no. Plus, it's metal.

If anyone else released "Svidd Neger", it would have vanished into thin air.

JayKeeley said:
If anyone else released "Svidd Neger", it would have vanished into thin air.

Sure , still I'd take it over IM and it really is good. . .

*shrug* Most other genres and "scenes" tend to view metal derisively. Hence when metal bands change style, their roots tend to act against them maintaining popularity else where, as they are forever that "band that played that stupid noise, haha". That, I think, is the reason a lot of once-metal bands can't establish themselves in other genres.. So ner :loco:

Russell said:
*shrug* Most other genres and "scenes" tend to view metal derisively. Hence when metal bands change style, their roots tend to act against them maintaining popularity else where, as they are forever that "band that played that stupid noise, haha". That, I think, is the reason a lot of once-metal bands can't establish themselves in other genres.. So ner :loco:

Or they could just change their band name, as with the individual basis of "Garm" -> "Trickster G". I'm sure it can only help if they want to target a new audience that has nothing to do with metal.

Russell said:
Agreed.

I went chronological with Ulver even though I just got into them a few years ago. They have that certain something with every release so far, that one little bit that makes them Ulver. Band name change be damned, Ulver is a fucking awesome name. :D

JayKeeley said:
Or they could just change their band name, as with the individual basis of "Garm" -> "Trickster G". I'm sure it can only help if they want to target a new audience that has nothing to do with metal.

Yes, they could :) But in Ulver's case the changes in style are what make them Ulver, and they seem happy with where they're at.

I've been trying to post this for ten minutes now :yell:

A story of my fagboyism:

I was pissed when Svidd Neger was released, it was the first example of Ulver going backwards with their sound because A Quick Fix sounded more "advanced" in the Ulver way of things. Then I found out Svidd Neger was recorded before A Quick Fix, just the release was delayed for whatever reason. So then my little world made sense once again. :)

Hooray for Carcass and hooray for Ulver putting up a fight with a powerhouse group like Maiden. :)

Ayeka said:
Damnit, I knew you guys need me to save you from yourselves :loco:

Yeah, I figured the "sticky" threads up top would be hard to miss....particularly the ones that have been up for the last 7 days. :loco:

One Inch Man said:
Hooray for Carcass and hooray for Ulver putting up a fight with a powerhouse group like Maiden. :)

Yes, notice how Slough Feg are through to the next round. Unbelievable!