Re Equalize your own copy of EoR

Troyanasy said:
The best way to get a better sound is to use the BBE Sonic Maximizer pluggin,sounds alot better

That may be true Troy, problem is I am a complete ignoramus when it comes to sound editing programs. Thats why I was so happy that Passenger 57 described precisely what I had to do.

Needled24Seven said:
arent they going to remaster the cd soon? or so ive heard.

What I understand is that the released version is the final version. CM does not want to invest money in a band that's about to leave their label :erk:. Which is pretty damn stupid of them.

Hawk said:
passenger 57

I would like to thank you for taking the trouble to explain to us how to do this. I followed your advice and it sounds GREAT!! Thanks again man!

Thanks for the compliment Hawk, i am glad i was able to help you out....take care!

colinear said:
i did what you said... sounds a little crisper.

are there any other pre-set filters that you recommend?

Well, if you had sonar, it would utilize the timesworks Eq in cool edit pro, and i could give you the presets that i used for mine, you can d/l sonar (cakewalk) and let me know, ill send you a jpg image of my equalized EoR, its the best sounding out there. Ive heard other mixes, and mine is the best.

passenger 57 said:
Well, if you had sonar, it would utilize the timesworks Eq in cool edit pro, and i could give you the presets that i used for mine, you can d/l sonar (cakewalk) and let me know, ill send you a jpg image of my equalized EoR, its the best sounding out there. Ive heard other mixes, and mine is the best.

lol your is the best lol.cockey arent you anyone could do what u done but with better result ,big deal

Unregisteredude said:
lol your is the best lol.cockey arent you anyone could do what u done but with better result ,big deal

Gee someone didnt want to sign in his name. You can criticize me all you want when you are capable of speaking proper sentence structure and english.

passenger 57 said:
Gee someone didnt want to sign in his name. You can criticize me all you want when you are capable of speaking proper sentence structure and english.

Yes, proper grammer does tend to grant a certain amount legitimacy to ones arguments, good call.

passenger 57 said:

Sorry Mr. Producer,your work should be looked up to like a Piccasshole painting. May mere mortals one day achieve your talent and insight.
Fucking wank your ego up more assneck.

You are amazing my lord.

P.S even Andy Sneap thought your a dimwit.Remember that remaster king lol lol lol lol

( o ) ( o )

----

Now fuck-off shithead

Fuck-off I say

passenger 57 said:

cool. i do have sonar. please walk me through how to do it. and post the screenshot here:

http://www.imagedump.com

when you have posted the pic to the image dump please post the link in your reply so that I can see your eq settings.

i am stoked!

thanks!

Why do mp3s in the first place?
Rip it to wav, change the eq on the wavfiles, then burn them. That way you don't lose any quality.

Tranquillian said:
Why do mp3s in the first place?
Rip it to wav, change the eq on the wavfiles, then burn them. That way you don't lose any quality.

DO NOT - REPEAT - DO NOT QUESTION the master engineer.
His reasons are not to be divulged to the lesser hack musician like I or maybe you

( o ) ( o )

----------

It will not work

Unregisteredude said:
DO NOT - REPEAT - DO NOT QUESTION the master engineer.
His reasons are not to be divulged to the lesser hack musician like I or maybe you

( o ) ( o )

----------

It will not work

/\
/\
/\
The reason I don't believe in evolution, I don't think it has happened yet, thanks again for ruining a perfectly normal conversation between fans. Awesome, way to go, inspiring show of grace and poise went into your your replys, I must applaude now. *proceeds to clap with one hand*

colinear said:
cool. i do have sonar. please walk me through how to do it. and post the screenshot here:

http://www.imagedump.com

when you have posted the pic to the image dump please post the link in your reply so that I can see your eq settings.

i am stoked!

thanks!

bump for those that want the sonar directions...

You know what I've started to find fascinating? The complete and utter reliance on other people's ears. I started thinking about that the other night when I was mixing down a couple of one-takes. The difference between PC speakers, headphones, earphones, car stereo speakers, home audio speakers, etc. is so divergent in tonal accuracy and representation.... What I think sounds great, someone else may start screaming and run away... Ask Kelly Gray about that, no?

Man, I started off with a point. I guess I should sleep more than 4 hours in 48 before trying to make sense. I guess if I have a point it would be that I found Passenger57's reEQing to be right for my tastes when I listened to the tracks on headphones. Over the car stereo speakers, it was a touch boomy(!). You know what, though? I fiddled with the EQ in the car, and life was good again.

I guess a REAL point would be to follow your ears. Take the suggestions as to how to do certain things, but don't follow blindly. Ah, hell...follow blindly if you want. I'm too tired to care.

Kon16ov said:
You know what I've started to find fascinating? The complete and utter reliance on other people's ears. I started thinking about that the other night when I was mixing down a couple of one-takes. The difference between PC speakers, headphones, earphones, car stereo speakers, home audio speakers, etc. is so divergent in tonal accuracy and representation.... What I think sounds great, someone else may start screaming and run away... Ask Kelly Gray about that, no?

Man, I started off with a point. I guess I should sleep more than 4 hours in 48 before trying to make sense. I guess if I have a point it would be that I found Passenger57's reEQing to be right for my tastes when I listened to the tracks on headphones. Over the car stereo speakers, it was a touch boomy(!). You know what, though? I fiddled with the EQ in the car, and life was good again.

I guess a REAL point would be to follow your ears. Take the suggestions as to how to do certain things, but don't follow blindly. Ah, hell...follow blindly if you want. I'm too tired to care.

Good point. Its cool however that i have had nothing but compliments on the re-equing. In a car stereo that has alot of bass, the bass of course needs to be turned down a notch, i think thats with any cd that has a good production. When i blast to ear defening levels of PoE and DHIADW, the bass needs to be turned down on those as well....im glad you find my re-eqing good..peace!

passenger 57 said:
Good point. Its cool however that i have had nothing but compliments on the re-equing. In a car stereo that has alot of bass, the bass of course needs to be turned down a notch, i think thats with any cd that has a good production. When i blast to ear defening levels of PoE and DHIADW, the bass needs to be turned down on those as well....im glad you find my re-eqing good..peace!

stop patting yourself on the back dude.what is the big deal with your average 5 minute job???

A.S

Shut up already