Real 'Death' Metal

Euronymous was a brilliant guitarist... though I'm sure many people would disagree with me.

...And the already mentioned musicians.

crimsonfloyd said:
Dead from Mayhem, he was an excellent vocalist.

Most the people I miss are just in prison, not dead...

Who killed him? I heard it was a guy from Burzum.

You probably mixed up the murder of Euronymous, the Mayhem founder, with the suicide of Dead, former Mayhem vocalist. Euronymous was killed by Varg Vikernes (who IS Burzum, as Burzum was a (now defunct) one-man project). If you want to read the whole story, search google or this forum (lots of threads about that incident), as it has been discussed way too much to be discussed again.

I heard a rumour, probably untrue like most of the shit on the net. Apparently Euronymous never kept his shotgun loaded, so Dead had to buy some bullets first, and apparently Varg got them for him. I doubt it's true, probably made up by some pro-Euronymous-and-Mayhem anti-Burzum person.

Apart from the late individuals already mentioned, I feel inclined to add Criss Oliva, former guitarist of Savatage, to the list. Today, he is still one of the most underrated guitar-players in metal, and his manner of death was rather disheartening, especially since I'm a resident of Florida. For those unaware, he was killed by a speeding drunk-driver while en route to a concert in my homestate. His wife, who was in the passenger seat, survived to endure the grim reality of the tragedy. NOBODY could mimic or emulate Criss's unique style of playing, nobody.

R.I.P.

Chuck Shuldiner was great, but I miss Steve Macdonald way more. He has written the drum parts on Obscura and he has all my respect for that. FWTH drum parts were good too.