death metal what is the four fist death meatal bands??

Life Sucks said:
Unique Leader does have some good bands, like Psycroptic, Visceral Bleeing, Mortal Decay, and Spawn Of Possession. I agree that Severed Savior and Decrepit Bith suck though (I believe that are on UL, aren't they?).
Yeah they are..........I think 50 or 60% would be a better estimate of how many of their bands suck.....

Life Sucks said:
No? What do you consider brutal dm then? Only those shitty bands from the new California dm scene?
Suffocation and Cannibal Corpse aren't brutal death, they're just plain old death metal. There is a difference between brutal death and death, believe it or not.

stiches_tck said:
what are the first four death metal bands that came from the east coast in the 80's...? well tell ya what i'm not gonna tell you the answers until i get some posts... and whomever thinks that death metal, melodic death, gore metal, black metal, grind core, death grind, death gore, isn't all the same then get out of this thread.... iv'e been around awhile and i met most of the bands to know it's all the same but done differently and have different names to it but it all comes from the same origin..

so what do you think are the 4 first death metal bands?????
Who gives a fuck? You're an idiot.

Suffocation in particular influenced a feast of shitty brutal DM bands. I personally have no problems with people who say 'Suffocation aren't brutal death metal' because that label is an insult to the band.

Actually, just to expand, Cannibal Corpse have quite probably influenced more shitty bands than Suffocation but I will have just heard less of them.

Tanith said:
Suffocation and Cannibal Corpse aren't brutal death, they're just plain old death metal. There is a difference between brutal death and death, believe it or not.
Yes I know, but since they use blastbeats fairly often, and have brutal lyrics, I would say they are brutal death. There are obviously many bands out there that are more brutal (ie faster, less melodic, more blastbeats, etc.), but they still would qualify as brutal death in my book, whereas bands such as Obituary, Pestilence, Massacra, Athiest, Cynic, Death, etc. would not.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Suffocation in particular influenced a feast of shitty brutal DM bands. I personally have no problems with people who say 'Suffocation aren't brutal death metal' because that label is an insult to the band.
I call Suffocation brutal death because they pretty much invented the 'genre' but I agree with you there are tons of bands that copy suffocation but do it faster with less songwriting ability and it is called brutal, but it just sucks.........I think Carcass have the most clones and almost all of them suck