death metal what is the four fist death meatal bands??

stiches_tck

New Metal Member
Mar 15, 2004
what are the first four death metal bands that came from the east coast in the 80's...? well tell ya what i'm not gonna tell you the answers until i get some posts... and whomever thinks that death metal, melodic death, gore metal, black metal, grind core, death grind, death gore, isn't all the same then get out of this thread.... iv'e been around awhile and i met most of the bands to know it's all the same but done differently and have different names to it but it all comes from the same origin..

so what do you think are the 4 first death metal bands?????

stiches_tck said:
what are the first four death metal bands that came from the east coast in the 80's...? well tell ya what i'm not gonna tell you the answers until i get some posts... and whomever thinks that death metal, melodic death, gore metal, black metal, grind core, death grind, death gore, isn't all the same then get out of this thread.... iv'e been around awhile and i met most of the bands to know it's all the same but done differently and have different names to it but it all comes from the same origin..

so what do you think are the 4 first death metal bands?????

its not the same, because if it was all the same you would ask "what was the first metal group from the east coast?"

and not "what was the first death metal band from the east coast?"

As for the origin, yes they all originate somewhere, for instance you dont see a comparison of the blues and rap together do you? yet rap was originated from the blues scene mixed with africian style.

Hm Id say you may be on to something there, i do think most metal bands have a connection, especially in the beginning. Death Metal wise, I know Venom influenced slayer, and crust rock influenced seputura, and Possessed used to hang out with the really old thrash bands like slayer, and they all were influence in some degree by Black Sabbath.

Death, Possessed, Sepultura...were around at the beginning of the Death Metal scene. Cannibal Corpse has been around since 1989 so they might be somewhere around there.

Napalm Death started grindcore...which is close to Death Metal.

stiches_tck said:
and whomever thinks that death metal, melodic death, gore metal, black metal, grind core, death grind, death gore, isn't all the same then get out of this thread.... iv'e been around awhile and i met most of the bands to know it's all the same but done differently and have different names to it but it all comes from the same origin

Me and my brother come from the same parents, but that doesn't mean we're the same.

Okay, that was a tenuous comparison at best (and I don't even have a brother), but you're still an idiot.

stiches_tck said:
and whomever thinks that death metal, melodic death, gore metal, black metal, grind core, death grind, death gore, isn't all the same then get out of this thread.... iv'e been around awhile and i met most of the bands to know it's all the same but done differently and have different names to it but it all comes from the same origin..
You're inanely mistaken. Take a look around: www.anus.com

If I'm not mistaken, the pioneer death metal bands were Death, Possessed and early Sepultura.

And no, you're sadly mistaken in surmising that all of those subgenres are identical. To claim that death metal and black metal are one in the same is absurd.

There are clear differences in those subgenres. Black Metal and Death Metal are both grown out of thrash metal but gone more extreme. They're like brothers with the mother being thrash metal. Grindcore is an extreme form of punk. It sounds death metal but if you listen to some Napalm Death there is a punkish sound in them. I'm not sure I can agree with Sepultura starting death metal though.

Funeral Portrait said:
Suffocation and Cannibal Corpse were a couple of the bands that started the style we are all familiar with today.
What the hell are you talking about? Like what everyone is saying Death and The Possessed started it. The Possessed thought of the name "Death Metal" in the first place.

I'm talking about what alot of current death metal bands sound like: Decapitated, Deeds of Flesh, Skinless, Origin, Vital Remains...etc etc.

I wasn't referring to the pioneers of death metal, I was referring to the bands that first started the death metal that is being produced nowadays. Chill the fuck out man.

It's hard to say what the first four death metal bands were, since back when death metal started, some of the bands that were considered death metal back then wouldn't be considered death metal now; early Sepultura is a good example. The first four death metal bands from the East Coast that were definitely death metal might be: Death, Morbid Angel (around since the mid 80s), Massacre, Obituary. And some very early death metal bands not from the East Coast are: Repulsion, Master, Necrodeath, Massacra, Pesilence, Possessed, etc.

Guardian of Darkness said:
95% of brutal death is utter shite. Take a look at Unique Leader.
Unique Leader does have some good bands, like Psycroptic, Visceral Bleeing, Mortal Decay, and Spawn Of Possession. I agree that Severed Savior and Decrepit Bith suck though (I believe that are on UL, aren't they?).