Real Jazz Metal?

The_Wanderer

In search for truth
Oct 15, 2001
Santiago de chilito
Visit site
Does anyone know any good death (or black or whatever) metal bands that have real jazz influence. Please not cynic, aghora and that, i mean really jazzy, with lots of saxos, clarinets and trumpets.
Please help me!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Yeah, I have searched for a long time but have never come across such a thing.

The new Ephel Duath mp3 is pure bliss!

I am new to the below band but from reading their influences and history I plan to check them out.

The music of Ritual Space Travel Agency is influenced by such disparate artists as Sly and the Family Stone, Tom Waits, Los Lobos, Sun Ra, Frank Zappa, Igor Stravinsky and Tiny Tim. Ritual Space Travel Agency is tirelessly dedicated to the quest to make people dance to strange music.

A review: "Equal parts Frank Zappa, Rage Against the Machine and latter-day King Crimson...RSTA has set out to push the envelope beyond recognition through a diverse mix of instruments...progressive-rock arpeggios and a surprise beyond every corner. ...hold on tight and enjoy the ride." -- Joe Cherry, Rockpile Magazine

Dysrhythmia on Relapse, no horns but for those interested?
Musical Influences: metal/thrash/punk/rock, prog, jazz, classical, surf, noise, indie, ambient, ethnic.

uh, the new Amorphis stuff has some saxophones in there, but I wouldn't call it "jazz metal" really... it's just plain old kick ass rock music.

You could check out Sculptured.

It's one of the bands revolving around Agalloch. It's Anderson's main band and Haughm plays drums...

anyway, they experiment with some brass sections on their new album Apollo Ends. I haven't heard the entire CD yet but I heard a few songs. It's not exactly jazz metal, but there are metal parts and jazzy parts...

and ProgMetalFan mentioned the Mahavishnu Orchestra; check them out!

If i wanted jazz i would get jazz. If i wanted metal i would get metal. If i want both, i get fussion, and there aint no better fussion that bands of the like of cynic, everything else is just asking too much, specially from yourself.

Dont loose focus.