Reamping test please help

Sly

Feb 8, 2006
Grenoble, FRANCE
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, I'm currently recording a two track for my second band Kwato in which I play drums.

I premixed the drums and we're now recording the guitars through a POD with a DI in parallel. We have one song which is about to be finished guitars and drum wise.
I'm posting a drum premix here with the DI guitar tracks (only two tracks), if some of you want to reamp these and post the result. Doing this :
- I can see if the guitars are tracked well enough or if they need to be tighter in some specific places.
- It can make a preview of the final result with various amps !!

Come on if you have some time to waste on reamping :)
You can post individual/stereo guitar tracks or the drums+guitars "mix".

We used a Gibson SG Standard guitar with original pickups, for a kind of raw/ rock'n'roll tone.

The drums have no samples to them except the kick drum which is a mixture of the mic (Beyer M88) and Sneap sample for attack. It's not perfect but it's only a premix so...
I want to have a "natural" approach to them and I'd like to keep this in the final mix as much as possible. We recorded in a big room and I used two room mics.
Guitarwise we love the following tones : In Flames, Soilwork, Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, Caliban, At The Gates, The Haunted, The Duskfall...

Here are the drums (WAV 24 bits/44.1 khz)

Here is the left guitar DI track

Here is the right guitar DI track

Enjoy and post the result :kickass: