Reaper Slip Editing Tutorial

Cool stuff dude, I've never messed with macros, but I can see how they could be really useful (I just need to think of how, exactly :lol: ) However, it sounds like you could use some of these :D

51INkn58rvL._SL500_.jpg

Must download this in work tomorrow and see how it compares to Beat Detective! Cheers Adam!

Well the process is completely different but the end result is exactly the same visually and aurally as Beat Detective, just a different way of getting there. A much faster, simpler, logical and less editing intensive way. With more control and no room for errors that are generated with a more automatic process.

EPIC.

the only thing that is missing is that you never hit "play" to hear the results XD
(could you post a little "before and after"clip?)

but seriously

THANKS A LOT!!
:worship:notworthy:worship:

wow, thank you SO much for posting a video of this. I was never very happy with the results of the "semi-automatic" drum editing in reaper. like, it's passable for me, but I think that this way might prove to be quicker, more efficient, and much more fruitful than the other way. +10000000000 :)

question, though. what about if there is two hits at once. For example, say a drummer was playing a blastbeat with 32nd note kick hits, and 16th note snare hits. the kicks are off tempo, but the snares aren't. would you just quantize the snare, and just move the shit outta the kick drum hits?

Thanks for the tutorial! I am curious as to how the cymbals sound using this method; are there any artifacts?

Downloading, but very very slowly. :(

I don't know what web host you're using but their bandwidth sucks.

i was getting 250 kb/s. so 15 mins to download is not bad for 1/4 gigabyte imo.

thanks for the upload adam. much appreciated.

wow, thank you SO much for posting a video of this. I was never very happy with the results of the "semi-automatic" drum editing in reaper. like, it's passable for me, but I think that this way might prove to be quicker, more efficient, and much more fruitful than the other way. +10000000000 :)

question, though. what about if there is two hits at once. For example, say a drummer was playing a blastbeat with 32nd note kick hits, and 16th note snare hits. the kicks are off tempo, but the snares aren't. would you just quantize the snare, and just move the shit outta the kick drum hits?

Yeah just like with any other drum editing method, if you have flammy kick/snare action going on you either need to edit them separately or just deal with it.

Thanks for the tutorial! I am curious as to how the cymbals sound using this method; are there any artifacts?

No not any more than there would be using any other editing method. This is EXACTLY like editing with Beat Detective, it's all based on the same principle. You are either shortening or repeating decay between hits and crossfading. Regardless of whether I use BD or this method, my crossfades end up in the exact same place and the audio is exactly the same thus producing results that sound identical.

Just try it out and play around, it's so brain dead easy and you will figure out how to deal with all of the little problem scenarios any time anyone edits drums pretty quickly.

Joey Sturgis has used this exact method for every album he's done in the past god knows how long and his results speak for themselves.