Rebel Yell

you guys, honestly this is the shittiest cover that bodom has done yet... go back and listen to 'aces high' or 'hellion' if u wanna here a real cover song dont get me wrong, bodom is easily one of my favorite bands but alexi doing clean vocals is a joke. he made his reputation by growling and screaming and now decides to pussy out and record this? plus, the cover sounds way too similar to the original song by billy idol... at least the covers on the original 4 studio albums were changed up and sounded a helluva lot cooler. if this is an idea of what the next bodom album will sounds like... ill be pissed

dude, just listen to yourself? wtf are you talking about? Rebell Yell is excellent cover, one of the best. And Alexi doing clean vocals is ok. If you calling him pussy just because he actualy can sing means you are narrow-minded asshole :)

@bloody trooper : I'm sure Alexi enjoys to laugh at people who take everything too seriously. They did this cover just for fun and I'm sure the next album won't have clean vocals.

BTW, telling the admin of this board to kiss your ass might not be the wisest thing to do, but I doubt I'm gonna miss reading your crybaby posts anyway.

if anyone on this board actully knew anything about metal besides just listening to CoB, maybe you'd notice deathmetal bands dont just switch to clean vocals... alexi had the deathmetal vocals going for him, there was no reason to get away from that, it was a children of bodom trademark, if you will

shadeg: im not taking this too seriously, actully im just analyzing/reviewing a song and happen to have strong opinions on it... and just because the band did this song for fun doesnt mean it shouldnt be critsized (sp?) or praised for that matter

bloody_trooper said:
if anyone on this board actully knew anything about metal besides just listening to CoB...
Sigh.

bloody_trooper said:
...maybe you'd notice deathmetal bands dont just switch to clean vocals...
Since when COB was death metal?

bloody_trooper said:
alexi had the deathmetal vocals going for him, there was no reason to get away from that, it was a children of bodom trademark, if you will
Maybe you should realize that COB isn't heading into a new direction and starting to use clean vocals - this is just a "fun song" and it was more or less meant for the ears of the Japanese fans since Bestbreeder is a Japan only release.

bloody_trooper said:
shadeg: im not taking this too seriously, actully im just analyzing/reviewing a song and happen to have strong opinions on it...

To me it looks like you lost your faith in COB.

Calm down ;)

heh, just because I dont like ONE bodom song (trust me i love every single other one) doesnt mean i have lost all faith in them

also, cob is clearly deathmetal...actully most people classify them as melodic death metal because of the soloistic lead riffs and keyboard leads and solos
what else would they be?

bloody_trooper said:
heh, just because I dont like ONE bodom song (trust me i love every single other one) doesnt mean i have lost all faith in them
I just got the picture from your previous posts.

bloody_trooper said:
also, cob is clearly deathmetal...actully most people classify them as melodic death metal because of the soloistic lead riffs and keyboard leads and solos
I never saw the connection. To me death metal is something very different.

bloody_trooper said:
what else would they be?
No idea :p maybe Metal.

It's not the problem about you not liking ONE song, the problem is about your stupid whinning that Laiho sings, what the hell is wrong in that? Rebell Yell growled all the way would song like shit, he arranged that song like he believed was the best and god damn he did amazing job. So if you still think that clean vocals suck go fuck yourself.

bloody_trooper said:
what is your idea of deathmetal? because most people view bands similar to bodom (in flames, norther, strato, etc) as melodic death metal
Strato is similar to Bodom? and they're melodic death? what on earth are you talking about :ill: This is getting way off-topic btw.

Bands that represent death metal to me : At The Gates, Cannibal Corpse, Entombed, Morbid Angel... etc. Stratovarius isn't on the list :p

how do you know that rebel yell would sound like shit if he growled the whole song? people said that about bodom's kickass covers shot in the dark, aces high, fear of the dark and, hellion. (all songs originally performed with regular clean vocals) and the thing that made them so awesome was laiho arranging the songs with different a vocal style and different tempos among other things. what makes a quality cover is what you add to the song. alexi and the boys didnt add anything ive already heard from billy idol on this one

at the gates and morbid angel are good bands, in fact morbid angel are on of the death metal pioneers... cannibal corpse is just shit (i hope that doesnt start another argument)

bloody_trooper said:
at the gates and morbid angel are good bands, in fact morbid angel are on of the death metal pioneers... cannibal corpse is just shit (i hope that doesnt start another argument)
I never said I liked CC and I actually don't, so I guess there won't be an argument :)

i think cob is like a mix of melodic black, classical, thrash,death metal. cause you cant really classify them as just one thing. so i guess u can just say melodic metal.