Reccomend me some death metal

Akercocke
Lykathea Aflame
Anata
Ehnhare
Gorguts
Decapitated, even Organic Hallucinosis.. It's just the singer that blows really.
Hate Eternal
At The Gates

Hypocrisy which plays a rather melodic version of death metal, but not quite melo-death. And Into Eternity that plays progressive metal with an awesome range of vocals.

Fix'd

# Animosity - No
# Arcturus
# As Blood Runs Black - No
# At The Gates
# Behemoth
# Belay my last - No
# BELPHEGOR
# Bloodbath
# Burning Skies - No
# Carcass
# Cock And Ball Torture
# Cryptopsy
# Despised Icon - No
# Devourment
# Dying Fetus
# Edge Of Sanity
# Haemorrhage
# illdisposed
# Job for a Cowboy - Only new album
# Katatonia
# Killwhitneydead - No
# Last Days Of Humanity
# Limbonic Art
# Molotov Solution
# Morbid Angel
# Nagelfar
# Napalm Death
# nasum
# Opeth
# Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis
# Rotten Sound
# Suicide Silence - No
# The Black Dahlia Murder
# The Red Chord - No
# Through The Eyes Of The Dead - No
# Veil Of Maya - No
# Whitechapel - No
# Winds of Plague - No

Death, Cynic, Atheist, Morbid Angel...why these bands have barely been mentioned but shit like suicide silence and bjfac gets mentioned...beyond me.

demelich - they only have one album

morbid angel - i've never heard their first album:erk:, but love the others...especially covenant, gateways, domination and formulas...gateways is prolly my all time favorite death metal album.

cryptopsy - the one with the train on the cover

Demonoid is also good fun. It's probably one of the only death-growling bands that I enjoy listening to regularly. They've only released a single album, Riders of the Apocalypse, based on the tale of the four hoursemen. It has some parts in it with really good atmosphere, and the solos are wild and fun. It's a side project of Therion, if that rings a bell, but it's definetly not anything like Therion :)

Cheers for all the reccomendations guys, I think I'll start with the big dogs i.e. Morbid Angel, Death, Cryptopsy, Atheist etc. as these seem to be regarded as 'pioneers' in the genre.

But by all means, keep the suggestions coming, the more recommendations I get, the better.

Besides Death/Cynic/Atheist which you should already have down... (EDIT:: though, with Death, if you're looking for a brutal death metal sound, go for their earlier stuff. Start with Human and Individual Thought Patterns.)

Cryptopsy's two albums None so Vile and Whisper Supremacy is a good start. Some Suffocation too, Pierced from Within is a good one. Gorguts is good, look for The Erosion of Sanity or the album before it, dunno the name of it but you can google it. Also google the band Origin. Cephalic Carnage's new album Xenosapien is pretty sweet, as with the older Lucid Interval. Severe Torture' Feasting on Blood is pretty brutal. Some older Cannibal Corpse wouldn't hurt you. And if you can get your hands on Wormed's Planesphaerium, you'd be doing yourself a favor.

Don't forget Terrestrial Sphere; the logo in my sig is a link.

Ok cool thanks a lot.

Just listened to some Atheist, and the vocals are horrible! Listening to Cryptopsy now, sounding pretty promising. Morbid Angel didn't do much for me, sounded like pretty standard death metal to be honest.

ok, if you like cryptopsy, you don't so much like standard death metal, but you like technical, check out "and then you'll beg." definetely not standard death metal, even the vocals.