Recommend me some Anime

Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Perfect Blue, Macross (some are a bit patchy though), any Lupin3 films (Castle of Cagliostro, Goodbye Lady Liberty, Secret of Mamo). Perfect Blue is more like a Hitchcock thriller, but is fantastic. Lupin 3 are crime comedies from late 1970's. They're by Monkey Punch and have a pseudo-European style to them, (meaning they look vaguely like Inspector gadget cartoons).

Jin-Roh - A weird anime about a Military police soldier, Think "Akira" meets "Ghost In the Shell"

Animtage, Polymatrix/Dualmatirx- Kinda sappy, But if you like cyborgs in hot pants?, Then you love this?

And My personal favourite

GUNSMITH CATS

Follows the adventures of Bounty Hunter "Rally Vincent" and her Explosives mad pal, "Minnie May".

RIDING BEAN

Also part of the Gunsmith Cats world, But concentrates more on Courier/Getaway driver "Bean Bandit".

I have a series called Soultaker and couldn't understand it very well. The artwork was cool, but the story made little sense to me even after 12 episodes. I think the translation subtitles were poorly written, anyone seen this series?

I had bought Hellsing, but never got to see it before it was lost when I moved, I'll have to rebuy it.
My favorite anime series is Inuyasha and I also like Ranma 1/2.
My favorite anime movie is anything by Miyazaki (Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Graveyard of Fireflies). I also really enjoyed Fist of the Northstar, Wrath of the Ninja, Ninja Scroll and Transformers the Movie. Stay away from Night on the Intergalactic Railroad, it sucks.

Akira's good, but if you want something really, really, really cool check out Fist of the North Star.

Imagine Mad Max meets spaghetti western set in apocaliptic future. It's a sci/fi world where certain men have superhuman strength and kung-fu skills. One man in particular must save what's left of humanity from the evil hordes enslaving the world. If you like the movie, as I did, there was a TV series made spanning around 150 episodes, that you would have to buy, as I did, from Ebay, overeas for about $150. It's damned worth it to own the entire 13 disc (I think) set.

Also, there was a series similarly themed called Violence Jack. There were three hour long movies made. I myself just purchased them from MoviesUnlimited.com. Awesome stuff.

Also, the Gundam and Macross stuff is pretty cool...It's about the giant robot jet suits that fight. But it's more that cutesy art crap, whereas FOTNS and VJ are sharp lined artwork, no cutesy!

Enjoy!

Neon Genesis: Evangelion-Great Series... Live action movie coming 2006 or so.

Hellsing-Cool series, Alucard kicks ass.

Comboy Beebop: The Movie-A must see.

Princess Mononoke-Way better than Sprited Away

Berserk-Really good series, a little homosexual(phallic sword?)

Samurai X: Trust Betrayal-Really good & deep story of feudal Japan

Vampire Hunter D; Bloodlust-Best Anime movie of the new millenium, great visuals, great story.

Good series' I haven't seen yet: Rahxephon, Noir, Najica, Bubblegum Crisis.

Movie: Akira
Movie: Princess Mononoke
Movie: Vampire Hunter D

Series: Rurouni Kenshin
Series: Wolf's Rain
Series: Inuyasha
Series: Yu Yu Hakusho
Series: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Series: Bubblegum Crisis
Series: Trigun

These are all good. I like them because they have compelling storylines and characters that stand out. These are all well-drawn, and some of the scenes are pretty cool (like the final fight scene with Tetsuo in Akira.) :D