Recommend me some wanky tasteless metal

Ex-cally-boo said:
Death - The Sound of Perseverance

What's so tasteless or wanky about that one? About the only Death album that's remotely wanky is probably Scream Bloody Gore, but the rest get better continually. I think its pretty tasteless to bash Chuck at this point.

Life Sucks said:
Meshuggah

They have unnecessarily complex rhythms. But then, their riffs are only two or three power chords.
they don't even use power chords anymore, just bend notes and a lot of octaves. but the complex rhythms is what makes meshuggah's sound, they are original, you listen to them , you instantly know its them, you may not like it though, i love it :headbang:

Meshuggah are not wanky. I hear people that think they make the most technical complex music in metal. Without some odd drum patterns,solos they're not complex because the riffs are simple majority of the time

Contradictions Callapse is still a great thrash album. None E.P,Destroy Erase Improve are good albums too.

The Greys said:
Meshuggah are not wanky. I hear people that think they make the most technical complex music in metal. Without some odd drum patterns,solos they're not complex because the riffs are simple majority of the time

Contradictions Callapse is still a great thrash album. None E.P,Destroy Erase Improve are good albums too.
exactly , well its complex because of the odd times, the riffs are indeed pretty simple.
the solos are not easy too, allan holdsworth worship eheh (but not quite as good of course).

Nothing and Chaosphere kick ass. The only "technical" aspect to the music is the fact that the drumming and the guitars sound like two different songs I guess....

The new album isn't too bad but I think the I EP is my favorite album/song.

Although I agree Iced Earth sucks now, Iced Earth was amazing when Barlow was in it....

Disturbed used to be a good band also but after 3 listens of 10000 fists
Im utterly sick of it.

Does Linkin Park Even deserve to be called metal? They had potential but they sold out :erk:

All the bands that are mentioned in this thread are nothing compared to the mighty Spanish band "Mago De Oz". I mean if you make it past half a song the following things may happen:

1) Kill yourself.
2) Laugh hysterically until you die.
3) Never listen to Metal music again.

ps. I have the same hobby as the guy who started this thread. Mago De Oz is my latest find.

JUNIOR6886 said:
Although I agree Iced Earth sucks now, Iced Earth was amazing when Barlow was in it....

Disturbed used to be a good band also but after 3 listens of 10000 fists
Im utterly sick of it.

Does Link Park Even deserve to be called metal? They had potential but they sold out :erk:

Get out.

Dying Fetus, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse. Some of my three least favorite extreme metal bands.

For shitty nu-metal you know where to look.

Servio_Abbas_Bellum said:
Dying Fetus, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse. Some of my three least favorite extreme metal bands.

For shitty nu-metal you know where to look.

Seriously, what is wrong with Cannibal Corpse? Please explain in more detail than just saying "they suck".
Just for the record, I happen to think Cannibal owns.