Recommend me some wanky tasteless metal

anonymousnick2001 said:
I'm fucking tired of people ripping on Cryptopsy. I must be the only one that can hear the melodies in their riffs.
I'm not really ripping on them; I like Cryptopsy. But their style is uber technical, disjointed riffage - they are more about amazing the listener with their playing abilities than writing catchy riffs and constructing fluid compositions.

Life Sucks said:
On the heavier end of the spectrum, Cryptopsy, with their uber-technical riffs that are complex for the sake of being complex, yet lack any kind of melody or unity. However, I'm sure you've heard them. So check out Thronesbreed. They sound like an early Swedish dm band playing Cryptopsy's latest CD. Very technical and wanky (and heavy as FUCK), and tasteless.

I have heard of Cryptopsy. I like them alot but I suppose they are wanky... :p In regard to what people are saying about them having melody or not, I think it's just that they don't have very much in comparison to many other bands because it may not go through the whole song or may be less then obvious.

anyway I can't find anything about Thronesbreed on google :( Does anyone have an official site or the label or something?

Sinister Mephisto said:
I have heard of Cryptopsy. I like them alot but I suppose they are wanky... :p In regard to what people are saying about them having melody or not, I think it's just that they don't have very much in comparison to many other bands because it may not go through the whole song or may be less then obvious.

anyway I can't find anything about Thronesbreed on google :( Does anyone have an official site or the label or something?
Oops. Sorry, it's Thornesbreed, not Thronesbreed. http://www.thornesbreed.de/

Here is the review of their album I wrote for metal-archives:

"This is one of the most extreme death metal CDs I have ever heard. The guitar sound is extremely distorted and fuzzy sounding, and the riffs are highly atonal and technical. Though the production makes the riffs sound rather blurry at times, it is clear that they are highly complex and hard to play. However, they are severely lacking in coherence or melody of any kind. Thornesbreed are easily one of the most unmelodic death metal bands I have heard. This makes the CD very hard to get into. Now, I'm not someone who only likes melodeath - I much prefer real death metal - but the complete lack of melody in Thornesbreed's music does detract from their appeal. Listening to the music, it is apparent that they are very good musicians. Now if they'd only add a little bit of melody to their uber-technical riffs, they would be a great technical death metal band."

that point about not being melodic is just plain stupid, not all music as to be melodic and catchy to your ears, if you dont like it fine, now that makes it tasteless? for you i guess....its called variety...that applies to metal, for ppl who never heard it its just stupid noise, but we all now thats no true (well sometimes it is lol). if music was all about melody composers will be stuck in the 19th century, dissonance is a part of music also...
ps. i love cryptopsy and necrophagist :headbang:
for example i think that necrophagist song flow very well actually, of course they abuse of sweep arpeggios, nobody can deny that, but they actually write great riffs, the first album was diverse, the 2nd less, but still great. however they need to bring something new to their sound or it will become boring, i agree.

anyway just my view on the subject.

Legbiter said:
Therion (new, havent heard the old stuff)
Threshold

ill have to agree with this. therion is a wanky band in all aspects. I remember back in the day i started listening to a song of theirs and it was some pretty good sounding gothic metal type stuff, but then this shitty acoustic guitar playing kicked in, with some shitty type o negative wanna be vocals that were extremely gay, and i hated them ever since. Ive heard alot of their shit and it really just didnt bake my cake. So i hired a team of hitmen to take care of them for me. (not really)

Life Sucks said:
I'm not really ripping on them; I like Cryptopsy. But their style is uber technical, disjointed riffage - they are more about amazing the listener with their playing abilities than writing catchy riffs and constructing fluid compositions.

Oh...well, in that case, I agree with you, as usual.

The proper answer to the original post is "Dillinger Escape Plan".

As for wankiest label- try Relapse.

Life Sucks said:
Oops. Sorry, it's Thornesbreed, not Thronesbreed. http://www.thornesbreed.de/

Here is the review of their album I wrote for metal-archives:

"This is one of the most extreme death metal CDs I have ever heard. The guitar sound is extremely distorted and fuzzy sounding, and the riffs are highly atonal and technical. Though the production makes the riffs sound rather blurry at times, it is clear that they are highly complex and hard to play. However, they are severely lacking in coherence or melody of any kind. Thornesbreed are easily one of the most unmelodic death metal bands I have heard. This makes the CD very hard to get into. Now, I'm not someone who only likes melodeath - I much prefer real death metal - but the complete lack of melody in Thornesbreed's music does detract from their appeal. Listening to the music, it is apparent that they are very good musicians. Now if they'd only add a little bit of melody to their uber-technical riffs, they would be a great technical death metal band."

Thanks!

POD and Avenged Sevenfold are just... stupid. I don't even know how to insult them but to call them wanky would be like calling a quadraplegic a jerkoff. Only I wouldn't feel bad.

Depends on what you mean by wanky & tasteless, & I know I am going to get flamed for this, but just look for any band that has keyboards, acoustic guitar or a flute. That should do it!!

Mike