Recommend me some wanky tasteless metal

The Greys said:
Listen to Night of the Stormrider fool.

alright. *listens to a song from Night of the Stormrider* I still consider them flower metal, although i can realise that some would not consider them that. Flower metal is not even considered by some to be a real genre so it's hard for anyone to say who is and who isn't.

Killbot said:
alright. *listens to a song from Night of the Stormrider* I still consider them flower metal, although i can realise that some would not consider them that. Flower metal is not even considered by some to be a real genre so it's hard for anyone to say who is and who isn't.

Isn't flower metal really sissy hippy shit like Enuff Z'nuff?
1989-2.jpg

:loco:

Freedom Call is the definition of Flower Metal. Not that they're great or anything, but Iced Earth has never sounded anything like Freedom Call, though they're getting closer.

The Deacon Dr. O said:
Cacophony

CACOPHONY??????!??? CACOPHONY???!?!?!?!?! oh my fucking god. jason becker and friedman are the shit man. how can you say that??? Well sure the gayish-bug hair is wanky, but come one man. i cant fucking believe it. Do you play guitar?

I agree with you for once. At the very least, Cacophony are the only 80's band that are REMOTELY neo-classical. Excellent use of harmony and counterpoint.

Vital Remains said:
CACOPHONY??????!??? CACOPHONY???!?!?!?!?! oh my fucking god. jason becker and friedman are the shit man. how can you say that??? Well sure the gayish-bug hair is wanky, but come one man. i cant fucking believe it. Do you play guitar?

Here's the thing, Jason Becker is/was awesome, Marty Friedman... not really. He's okay though. But just because becker was good doesn't mean everything he did was awesome. For example, Cacophony. It was basically a sell out. Horrible Vocals, Worse guitar tone, and boring songs.

Sinister Mephisto said:
Here's the thing, Jason Becker is/was awesome, Marty Friedman... not really.

You're an idiot. I don't even like Megadeth or Cacophony but I know that Friedman is the very definition of a good lead guitarist.

He's good, but not the "definition" of a good lead guitarist in my opinion.

Well....

For a thrash band? Yes. Otherwise, no.

MasterOLightning said:
I'm not much of an Iced Earth fan, but they're hardly flower metal.

Necrophagist is a good wanky tasteless DM band, but still pretty enjoyable.

necrophagist????????????? listen to their guitar playing man. youd need a photographic memory to play that shit.