Recommendation - Renaissance "Ashes are Burning"

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
ashes_uk.jpg

What we have here folks is a Gaymazing album of heterosexual proportions. This here is the shit Jack Tripper played while he was "Clowning" on Janet and Chrissy. This album is why Karen Carpenter lost her appetite, she knew that she would never be able to live up to the blissful vocal delivery of Annie Halsam. Bitch is quite a looker might I add.

Anywho,

Track 1 is a 10 minute Opus straight from the poppyfields of an Afghanistan village. A piano driven opening is soon taken over by an acoustic guitar that is rode by a voice of an angel straight to Asa Bay. Very slow tempo for the most part, with a nice bombastic ending. This is not radio friendly music people. Most people just don't have the attention spans. Apparently the arrangements of this song were done by a Russian composer, to whose name I have no idea of. Nineteen-Seventy Threeeeeeeeee!!!! :kickass:

Hey Look it's David Gold!

ren69.jpg

Tracks 2 and 3 are very solid, but I can't be arsed to sum them up. How's that for a review?!?!

On to track 4 as it is one that i'm uploading.

Holy fuck!!! I just came in my pants!!! This is one of their radio-friendly singles. Somebody call Suspiria!!! I want to frolic inbetween her hairy legs picking daffidils to "Carpet of the Sun". Unbelievable vocals backed by symphonic prog rock majesty! This is Buy or Die material kids.

Skipping Track 5 and on to track seis, for you spics in the audience.

This here is the title track, "Ashes Are Burning."

One of the most absolutely greatest build ups of a song I have ever heard! The arrangements through out this album are one to humble any musician. John Camp's Rickenbacker smacks you in the nuts, while Annie's melodic vox lull you to sleep like Dorian Gray at an Opeth gigt!!! This is GOD!! This is War!!! This is Divine!! This is not for the Swine! Kapish!??!

Just let the downloading do the talking for me. I suck at describing music. But I sure do know how to pick em.

1. Can You Understand
2. Let It Grow
3. On The Frontier
4. Carpet of the Sun
5. At the Harbour
6. Ashes Are Burning

Up next...Sheer Brutality :kickass:

Every once in awhile, I get a jonesing for music like this. This is really, really cool mood music as well as easy listening on a long drive music. Uplifting as hell.

Don't expect to hear anything heavy here, but I suspect plenty around these parts will find this appealing.

Thumbs up. Thanks for the discovery Jerry.

OK Jerry, you have my attention. Listening to "Can you Understand". This reminds me of Jefferson Airplane. A bit. Especially the female vocals in that "white rabbit" song. And then 3/4 of the way through, it becomes cinematic and theatrical!

I need to go pour myself a glass of Rioja. Back in a minute.

"Carpet of the Sun" is a cute cute song. It makes me want to hug the chick singer and run naked through fields of golden wheat at sunset.

Jerry, you need to check out Lake of Tears. Ever heard this song called "Sorcerers"? It has that similar methamphetamine effect.

"Ashes are Burning", love that song title by the way.

So you know the instrumental interlude section at around the half-way point, and when they introduce the piano at around 6:20, playing a variation of a theme on what sounds like some psyched up "Air on a G String" and that bass is just going for it...and then it hushes down to the organ before she starts singing

Imagine the burning embers
They glow below and above
Your sins you won't remember
And all you'll find there is love
Ashes are burning brightly
The smoke can be seen from afar
So now you're seeing how far
Ashes are burning the way

...and then it picks up, with that Jimmy Page-esque guitar lead....this whole section sounds like LED ZEPPELIN, you almost expect Robert Plant to join in and sing his "aaahs" like he did at the end of "Stairway..."

awesome song, outstanding recommendation

"Carpet of the Sun" is a cute cute song. It makes me want to hug the chick singer and run naked through fields of golden wheat at sunset.

Jerry, you need to check out Lake of Tears. Ever heard this song called "Sorcerers"? It has that similar methamphetamine effect.

Please upload it.:loco:

Thank you for the kudos. :saint: