RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalmah- The Black Waltz

It has low growls. Their earlier stuff has higher pitched screaming, so if you like that, buy their earlier stuff

Norther- Anything, most of it sounds the same

Ensiferum- Anything

You should check out Wintersun, which has an ex-ensiferum member but is way better and has nice long songs/meaningful lyrics

I'm falling in love with Gothenburg now. Of course I have all the old Dark Tranquillity, In Flames and At the Gates. What should I get next?

J's Recommendations for May 5th (not for the newbie):

Gontyna Kry - Welowie
Demoncy - Faustian Dawn/Within the Sylvan Realms of Frost

Paul Burns said:
Hey all, I was wondering for a person who really digs Children Of Bodom any bands with a similar style you could recommend?

Or more specifically, black/power/speed/thrash metal that incorporates keyboarding would be excellent too. (What can I say, I just love good keyboarding in metal) Sorry if it aint to specific, I'm pretty much open to most new bands.

Cheers in advance!
Norther - "Dreams of Endless War"

Keyboarding? Can't say I'm much of a fan of that, but try Dream Theater and Janne Warman of Children of Bodom's side-project, Warmen.

heycobo said:
edge of sanity

I hope this means Unorthodox, Spectral Sorrows and Nothing But Death Remains, since that era is much more worthwhile than the stuff after.

If you havent already, listen to The Chasm. Also Sentenced's "Amok" and "North From Here"

Impudent said:
Norther - "Dreams of Endless War"

Keyboarding? Can't say I'm much of a fan of that, but try Dream Theater and Janne Warman of Children of Bodom's side-project, Warmen.

I admit the majority of my metal doesn't have keyboarding, but since Bodom use it so well I'd like to hear more around that style.

I'll be sure to check out DOEW from Norther, thanks dude!

J. said:
Gontyna Kry - Welowie

SO GODDAMN FUCKING AWESOME OH MY GOD.

Too bad it's so stupid and short and their only other good CD contains lots of battle samples which make Welowie better by comparison.

LivingCadaver said:
hm I need new doom metal bands, I'd like something kinda slow but crushing as fuck! Any suggestions?

Which bands do you already have?

THEE PLAGUE OF GENTLEMEN - PRIMULA PESTIS

Carcassian said:
THEE PLAGUE OF GENTLEMEN - PRIMULA PESTIS

:kickass:

I'll add Migration by Buried at Sea.

Also Carcassian do you have an opinion on Pelican? From your dislike of Isis (and possibly Neurosis?) I've kinda assumed you're not a fan.

Necro Joe said:
:kickass:

I'll add Migration by Buried at Sea.

Also Carcassian do you have an opinion on Pelican? From your dislike of Isis (and possibly Neurosis?) I've kinda assumed you're not a fan.

I'm not mate, sorry.

I like my metal to be metal, rather than anything -core.

Status
Not open for further replies.