RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know any modern thrash metal bands? Please know that I want to be recommend with a THRASH band with NO influence from the gothenburg melodic bands and they dont have those metalcore/screamo vocals and they DONT have clean vocals that sound emo like trivium cause i CANT stand that.

The Greys said:
I'm looking for some metal bands with more clean and also acoustic guitar passages along with more chord use in general. Raspy or cleans vocals are fine(i guess that would depend on how they sound)

I do not want something too wanky or new-school sounding either. More cleaner guitar and acoustics can be scattered alittle through an entire cd for all I care.

Uhh, fucking BATHORY?

Consuming Impulse said:
Does anyone know any modern thrash metal bands? Please know that I want to be recommend with a THRASH band with NO influence from the gothenburg melodic bands and they dont have those metalcore/screamo vocals and they DONT have clean vocals that sound emo like trivium cause i CANT stand that.

Lethal
Incinerator
Toxic Holocaust
Sauron (US)
Bywar
Violator
Vindicator
Dekapitator
Redimoni
Hammerwhore
Gama Bomb
Alastor
Sithlord
Death Beast
etc.

Décadent said:
2nd'ed'ed''e'd'''

I'll just assume that you haven't heard the other bands and will soon amend that critical error, as opposed to the frightening notion that you don't like them.

Consuming Impulse said:
I'd recommend Municipal Waste because crossover is one of the best genre of metal!

LivingCadaver said:
I'd recommend Municipal Waste because crossover is one of the best genre of metal!

Thanks. Got anymore suggestions? I'll check Municipal Waste out.

Edit: Im listening to municipal waste right now, they kick ass.

Okay, I want an atmospheric black metal band in the wein of burzum's filosofem album. i do NOT want their sound quality of their albums to be clean and perfect. im looking for the sound production of albums such as filosofem and transilvanian hunger. i want the band to be from either norway or poland (basically a country with a bunch of large forests). i do NOT want them to be ns, its bad enough i like the music of burzum.

(I) writing like this means that is optional but itll help.

Burzum aren't NS.

Listen to:

Drudkh
Hate Forest
Graveland
Abyssic Hate (just Suicidal Emotions)
Wyrd
Fullmoon

i know burzum isnt ns but varg is a racist and i hate racist people. i know graveland and fullmoon is ns. what band in that list isnt ns?

This is a post directed at those of you who have actually paid attention to my contributions to this forum and actually have an idea of what my tastes in metal are (which probably means none of you), but is there anything at all from the 1980's that I am missing out on?

Consuming Impulse said:
i know burzum isnt ns but varg is a racist and i hate racist people. i know graveland and fullmoon is ns. what band in that list isnt ns?

Don't give me that shit - listen to a band for their musical value and don't fucking read into or think about the ideaological factors. Graveland (the band) aren't NS, though Darken (the individual) is. Or something. I think you'll find within this genre, it happens a lot, but the music is too fucking good to ignore just because the band members spout a bit of "white power" rhetoric in interviews. Now go fucking check out Drudkh.

Status
Not open for further replies.