RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Lemmy is rumored to be NS, but how many metalheads like Motorhead? A lot? Yeah, that's what I thought...

As the pre-eminent Lemmy expert in my street, I can say Lemmy isn't NS. His tour manager is Pakistani, as is the merch manager. He collects the Nazi memorobilia due to the imagery, but has always strongly reisted racism lyrically and socially (mostly by banging black as well as white broads)/:kickass:

Décadent said:
Don't give me that shit - listen to a band for their musical value and don't fucking read into or think about the ideaological factors. Graveland (the band) aren't NS, though Darken (the individual) is. Or something. I think you'll find within this genre, it happens a lot, but the music is too fucking good to ignore just because the band members spout a bit of "white power" rhetoric in interviews. Now go fucking check out Drudkh.

While I'm with you to an extent, having press releases espousing white power connected to a band makes me infinitely less likely to check them out...mainly for the reason that if any of my colleagues knew I owned them, (unlikely but possible), I would lose my job.

...and no, I'm not joking.:erk:

Can anyone say for sure what Drudkh sings about anyway? I always assumed nationalistic pride, which is hardly the same as white power or nazism.

Anyway, Consuming Impulse should check out Forgotten Legends by Drudkh immediately.

Xasthur might also work for you.

Carcassian said:
While I'm with you to an extent, having press releases espousing white power connected to a band makes me infinitely less likely to check them out...mainly for the reason that if any of my colleagues knew I owned them, (unlikely but possible), I would lose my job.

I'm with you there also. I'm less likely to check out a band if they make a big deal of their idealogical status. Plus, a higher proportion of NSBM bands suck shit than any other genre, so you've got to be careful.

Carcassian said:

Yeah I'm not allowed to buy NS albums either. My boyfriend screams at me that I'm racist every time he sees Nokturnal Mortum on my computer. They're the only NS band I know of that I listen to, though... Though maybe Velvet Cacoon was?? Whatever, a lot of BM bands were/are. I can't help it if the music moves me... however, I do abide by his wishes and don't buy their CD's.

No wonder you're always bitching about men all the time, Susperia. Why don't you stand up for yourself? Today's modern liberated woman should be able to buy all of the NS albums she pleases without being oppressed by the opposite sex.

MasterOLightning said:
No wonder you're always bitching about men all the time, Susperia. Why don't you stand up for yourself? Today's modern liberated woman should be able to buy all of the NS albums she pleases without being oppressed by the opposite sex.

Because it would bring a lot of unneeded stress and tension to our relationship.. And I just can't deal with that. You don't know our situation so I can't really say much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.