RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
banned's thrash metal recommendation of the day is Realm's 'Endless War'; have fun kids

I'm looking for some Carcass influenced bands from any of the first three albums, but Necroticism mostly.

I've got Exhumed and Impaled for the stuff already, and I'm working on Golem's first album.

EDIT: Yeah, I realize I made this request before I just forgot what I was recommended. >.>

Karsa said:
surely not as much as soilwork though

Comb yo' beard!

Just cuz I listen to a band a lot doesn't mean they're my favorite. :(

Hammer of Might said:
Best Manilla Road
Best Slough Feg (aside from Atavism)

ta

Crystal Logic or Mystification (RE-RELEASE thanks!).
and
Twilight Of The Idols or Traveller.

idiots

Crystal Logic/Open The Gates/The Deluge
THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG (AKA SELF-TITLED)

Ex-cally-boo said:
I'm looking for some Carcass influenced bands from any of the first three albums, but Necroticism mostly.

I've got Exhumed and Impaled for the stuff already, and I'm working on Golem's first album.

EDIT: Yeah, I realize I made this request before I just forgot what I was recommended. >.>

The County Medical Examiners is all you need

Nothing on Filosofem is as good as Det Som Engang Var (song), but Dunkelheit and Jesus' Tod are better than the other songs on HLTO.

Evil? said:
Recommend me some albums/bands that sound similar to Satyricon's Dark Medieval Times and Ulver's Bergtatt. I really enjoy the how the acoustic sections are worked in and the subtle use of keys.
Get Kvist's only album. It's a winner. The keys and guitars are well balanced, and there's some nice bass work as well. The production is clean, and it's a very listenable album.

Status
Not open for further replies.