Recycling?!

Theres that similar riff in nectar, demon of the fall, TGC, and even a hint in the closure intro.

Who cares? Name a band who hasnt recycled a riff. At least every song isnt exactly the same...they have so much variety over their catalogue it by far makes up for the occasional recycle.

I had a poo earlier today that was similar to one I just had a few minutes ago. I had some pizza and subway today, and some tea... a lot of mountain dew.. and I think one Pepsi one. That's a lot of food but it was a party, my graduation party... very fun time... but yeah... they were similar but both extremely important, for I have probably lost a little weight... just a little... one dump's worth.

So there.

Oinkness said:
I had a poo earlier today that was similar to one I just had a few minutes ago. I had some pizza and subway today, and some tea... a lot of mountain dew.. and I think one Pepsi one. That's a lot of food but it was a party, my graduation party... very fun time... but yeah... they were similar but both extremely important, for I have probably lost a little weight... just a little... one dump's worth.

So there.

Fizzy drinks are so bad for you.

P.S i looked at your myspace to have a little giggle, and how can your own band influence you musically?

i wouldnt say any of those are recycled. the only recycling opeth have ever done is with Harlequin Forest/To Bid You Farewell

(they are the trees/rotten pulp inside)

Concerning the outro of White Cluster, the real thing is the first fading outro which is quite similar to the outros of April Ethereal and Master's Apprentices. I think the final acoustic outro of WC is more like an outro to the album, not to the song.

The parts at the end of Godhead's Lament and Harlequin Forest are surprisingly similar too. "still brooding, soothing clam..." in GHL is much like "stark determination poisoning the soul..." in HF.
After that part both of the songs have short mellow sections which are almost identical. Then come the big bangs with some growling and "sly smile, poisoned glare behind..." in GHL and "now the woods are burning..." in HF. Again, those parts are very similar.

the_3_toed_sloth said:
You know what i noticed? On MAYH mikael totally just rips off the last lyric of the previous song to be the next song title.

:erk:

Get over it.

or maybe there's a reason for that.