Recycling?!

RjBeals said:
I've always thought that part in Ghost Reveries (1:07) sounds like KoRn's "Ball Tongue" - where Davis sing, 'How can you fuck'n doubt me, but not again"
I guess you mean Ghost of Perdition. Hm a little bit like it, but it sounds a lot more like The Grudge by Tool.

There's a couple of riffs, one on Nectar and one on BRI, that sound really similar. I'll have to pull that out and check it once I get home. Then I'll post it.

Nectar and The Night And the Silent Water have some similar acoustic stuff, it might be intentional though.

The first riff in The Leper Affinity is an updated version of Powerslave by Iron Maiden.

The beginning of the guitar solo in Serenity Painted Death reminds me of Pull Me Under by Dream Theater.

The Drapery Falls and I Transpire by Katatonia have much in common. Don't know which of those songs was made earlier.

That has probably been mentioned but the rap parts in Ghost of Perdition and The Grudge by Tool are very similar.

The grand majestetic riff in Black Rose Immortal around 4 mins reminds me of that big Gary Moore hit, was it Over the Hills And Far Away?

@=NoBigDeal=@ said:
The grand majestetic riff in Black Rose Immortal around 4 mins reminds me of that big Gary Moore hit, was it Over the Hills And Far Away?
That was a Zep song, and it has no riffs that sound anything like BRI's riffs.

@=NoBigDeal=@ said:
I'm not 100% sure but I have a strong feeling that Gary Moore also has a song named OTHAFA.:erk:
It's possible, although it seems unlikely since it's not that much of a generic title. If he does, then maybe it does have BRI-esque riffs.