Regarding the funk passage in The Lotus Eater

the funk part is awesome. I love funk and jazz music aswell, and they pulled it off perfectly. Everything about it is great with the clavinet style keyboards, clean wah-wah'd guitar, popping bassline and grooving drum beat. They should do a album of nothing but funk (like with the only mellow damnation) just as an experimental album. I think it would be awesome.

I love some New England cities like Boston, but New York smells like feces. I don't trust anyone who's become so desensitized to the stench to properly use their other senses.

topgun_800px.JPG

I wait with bated breath for that part to come up. It's when i show the finger to all those tr00 metalheads who think that anything other than metal is disco. I love that bit.

PS: well since opeth did it, some of those tr00 metalheads dig it. Lame fuckers.

New York fuckin' Times fuckin' reporter is a fuckin' cunt don't you know? Has he/she ever listen Opeth before? If he/she did, then he/she is talking bullshit! If he/she didn't listen ever, then someone should give an Opeth album to him/her. Also the funk passage in The Lotus Eater not as "ludicrous." Mikael is a musical genious!

At first i liked it but now it strikes me as totally silly. Also, Lotus Eater is a pretty :erk: song...and yes, i really don't like Watershed, sue me.

I love it. I like all sorts of music from classical to pop, jazz, blues, funk, prog, punk, funk, hip-hop, metal, dance etc etc...the more Opeth explore other types of music within their metal framework, the more interesting they become to me..I like to be surprised by music...I doubt if anyone thought "I know, there's a funky keyboard riff coming up" when Lotus Eater started...

I found the article "...Some of the band’s new songs from the album “Watershed” — like “The Lotus Eater” — compact the folk-rock and death metal together more closely. That song began with a medieval melody and ended with a recording of laughing voices at a party; along the way it cruised through death metal’s rapid-fire blast-beats and a ludicrous funk passage..."
Here is the link of complete article
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/20/arts/music/20opet2.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=opeth&st=cse&oref=slogin
Edit: Also this article has published at 20 September 2008