Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I'm sure they've made more than one. Just one doesn't cover their needs, they need different USA, European and Japanese releases. Or maybe this time around they're not doing that and we don't have to go bananas to find the rest of the covers.

Yeah, I'm not a huge Annihilator fan, but Jeff is an amazing guitarist whose style would fit in on a COB album. They also seem to be fairly good friends. The video got taken off of youtube, but there used to be a clip from when Alexi played with them live for a song.

Here's the song Alexi did a solo on for Annihilator, which Jeff also solos on.

As for whether or not another guitarist, Jeff or not, will ever appear on an original COB song, only time will tell. Yes, Alexi has said it wouldn't happen, but it's not like people don't ever change their minds. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. But if it does, I'm sure Alexi and the rest of the COB guys wouldn't do it or keep it if it didn't sound right to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
No supr man

Only gh3y then?

Well I think he just asked him and it was forgotten, the article says nothing about Jeff accepting the offer, or which new album? Could be very outdated, we'll see in a couple of months.

I'm sure they've made more than one. Just one doesn't cover their needs, they need different USA, European and Japanese releases. Or maybe this time around they're not doing that and we don't have to go bananas to find the rest of the covers.

COB has 53 original songs and like 20 covers. That means like what 37% cover songs??? Too much is simply too much. They said they recorded one cover song; I'm amazed enough by that. They can maybe use the old ones in other releases if they like. If they come up with another 4 cover songs they'll be labeled a cover band.

Yes, Alexi has said it wouldn't happen, but it's not like people don't ever change their minds. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't.

If it happens it just means COB is not as sensitive thing to Alexi as before, which would be sad. Personally I don't want these random people touching a COB album. If it's bad it's all COB's fault, if it's good its all COB's credit.. they've intervened enough with other bands by making millions of covers and of course influencing rising bands as well as being caught ripping riffs themselves. :) What forgives it is they can turn an "idea" someone else had into epicness.

Wtf? Who's going to label a band with 7 original albums out a cover band? Would you rather have them release them mediocre-at-the-most random lives every other day like Metallica or doing some cool covers every now and then for singles and releases and all? I don't think anybody's going to be stupid enough to call COB a cover band, and it's a great tradition the band has of making covers. I wouldn't want to see it go to the dogs.

They do covers for fun - which is a good thing. It's just something different to do, and something to screw around with while in studio or on break, or whatever. They know how to have fun, but also how to work, which is why they are so well together as a band. And their silly covers get people interested and excited - keeps them on edge and wondering, "What will those guys think of next?"
Plus, I think they have a good laugh at all the very serious fans who have a shit fit everytime they release one of their more obscure covers. I certainly do.

If they stopped doing covers just because they've "done too many" or people think they're "uncool" or "unoriginal", then I would be a little dissappointed.

It's important to play other bands' stuff also so playing COB doesn't get sloppy, but the reality is they record most of their covers because the label forces them to. COB would never put a cover song on their album if it wasn't for the label forcing them to. Of course that's also a nice excuse to do something crazy. I've always said I'd rather have them do "only" 2 covers per album and focus the time into the actual COB album. Good thing they only did one this time and it's actually a good cover song. I couldn't have believed this last summer but it seems they've made one of their better albums. Three weeks and we'll find out with the single I guess.

They don't play those cover songs ever again though, apart from a 30 second riff during a tour so you can't complain about it.
If you don't like the cover songs, don't play them.

Besides, those covers are for different regions. Normal fans don't even know about Japanese editions so they have no clue about covers on those albums either.

^ True but there is itunes ,in itunes you get the cover track in any edition to any album ,and there's UK edition so... XD

I still don't understand how they will do the cover to "party all night" well i will wait and see :D

Not sure if these have been posted...

BoardOnFire.jpg

32313157.jpg

91vk.jpg

Wow, weird coincidence.. I was just looking for a pic of a jailed guy.. And I saw Dante's Inferno last week. Not sure if it's legal so I removed it.