Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

They just tweeted this: http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/12/08/children-of-bodom-relentless-reckless-forever-new-album/

The text is nothing new, but there's that black box at the bottom of the page, which isn't an image file, so will probably be a flash applet. It'll be a video box, but the video isn't there yet, maybe? Maybe they're planning on hosting the video there fairly soon?

I HOPE SO.

I was hoping the same thing, but no, it's a video box of Sixpounder. I was very optimistic, but after reading that, where Alexi says: "It's maybe a little more melodic than 'Blooddrunk' was. It's maybe more guitar riff-oriented, really '80s guitar and stuff like that." The guitar stuff sounds great, but more melodic? Don't get me wrong, I like the mix they do with melody and brutal vocals, and Angels Don't Kill is my favorite song, but I don't want them going all soft and generic.

Eeeh, all these compliments say nothing about how the record really is. They probably won't say it's shit so....

But whatever, we already know at least one song is fucking great on it and that's kind of enough to keep me waiting.

I could care less what some magazine says about a cd. Good or bad.

I'll make up mine own mind once I can listen to it.

I have a feeling it'll be pretty bad ass. CoB has yet to let me down.

If promos are handed out now, it would leak waaaay before the release :|

No. I think they just have listening parties, from what I understand it seems like CoB records don't get put out in mass quantities in terms of promo and end up getting ripped by a release group and massively leaked. A lot of labels give out their promos realllyyy early and to a lot of magazines and places but it seems like whoever controls the promos for CoB keeps a tight lid on it; obviously I'd love for the cd to leak early (I'm in the camp of if its done people should be able to hear it and the true fans will buy it, I'm in a band and I put up our CD's for free download and it's generated far more sales and fans than not doing it) but i sincerely doubt it will and will instead just end up leaking a couple weeks or something before like the other cds have tended to. I can understand bands not wanting a cd to leak if it's not done (such as not having the artwork and stuff announced, not a final master etc) but if i were on a label and my cd was all done and just waiting to be released I'd love if the fans could hear it early in good quality to get a taste and get pumped to own the physical copy with the cover artwork, lyrics, booklet and other assorted cool shit.

Hey guise guess what I don't really like COB that much but I'm sitting on a pile of hay smoking a joint and listening to COB's new album for the tenth straight spin it's pretty damn wicked too bad you can't hear it solong suckas.

According to this http://www.soundshock.com/index.php...om-reveal-new-album-details-and-uk-tour-dates, WIWI is to be released on February 7th, although they seem to have got confused with the year and the album release date :erk: (sorry if this info is already posted, btw)

See that is around what date I thought the release would be as Rockhouse said that Alexi's new instructional DVD will be realesed on its own when the cd is released which was around that date not in March.

Official this will be released on the same day as the new COB CD in february however, next month in Guitar Center only there will be a four DVD Alexi collectors edition.

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=cBMg5Ype_W4